• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Retirement planning poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm already as retired as Im going to get, I only contract until I can afford to have a few months off, then I do it again. Meanwhile I'm saving a modest pot which is beyond the reach of the typical permie.

What's the point of only stopping work when you're too old to do it or much else anyway.

Working for all of the most healthy years of your life is crazy.

Comment

I like your thinking, shoes. Harder to do when you've got sprogs mind, but some of the quotes on whywork.org are along those lines (some lefty nutters there as well though)

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
        I like your thinking, shoes. Harder to do when you've got sprogs mind, but some of the quotes on whywork.org are along those lines (some lefty nutters there as well though)
        Yeh, me too. I am gradually reducing the work component of the work / holiday balance, so now it's about 66/33 in a couple of years 50/50, after that 33/66. But I got no kids which makes it easier. It's the only reason I contract, like the holidays.
        Bored.

Comment

Ooooo multi-selection poll - fancy.

Just give me 3 more good contracting years.

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
            Suicide at fifty year birthday. This has been the plan since I was 13.
            Been reading that Steppenwolf book have we?
            If you find this post offensive, please insert "Chan" before and "tho" after, then it should be OK.

Sometimes I almost feel just like a human being - Elvis Costello

Comment

Working...
            X