• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

At Long Last...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think the oil companies with like that invention.

Expect the manufacturing plant to burn down shortly after mass production starts.

Anyway, they forgot to add the chip and pin device for the deduction of duty each time you fill your car up.
    Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      they reckon 60p a litre
      Which is a bit of a meaningless quantity since the device will supply hydrogen as a (compressed) gas at some unspecified pressure unless its cooled -253 degrees centigrade.

I was just looking at my energy bills: 4 pence per kWh for gas and 11 pence per kWh for electricity. At first glance it looks as if the cheapest bet is to used compressed gas from the mains. The technology is already in place (apart from a compressor) and it's cheaper and there are no conversion costs.

Comment

It will produce enough gas for a 25 mile daily commute !!
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Here's another solution, run your car on water.

http://www.physorg.com/news98556080.html

Well aluminium actually, hydrogen is produced from water.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            I was just looking at my energy bills: 4 pence per kWh for gas and 11 pence per kWh for electricity. At first glance it looks as if the cheapest bet is to used compressed gas from the mains. The technology is already in place (apart from a compressor) and it's cheaper and there are no conversion costs.
            To follow up on that. A litre of petrol contains 10kWh of energy and costs say 130 pence at the petrol station, so that's 13 pence per kWh. Mains natural gas costs 4 pence per kWh, or less than half the cost of petrol. Do you think I should tell Gordon to forget about electric / hydrogen powered cars and to switch to natural gas powered cars instead? We could pump hydrogen instead when natural gas runs out. Maybe plan B should be to sell natural gas compressors before Gordon catches on?

Comment

Working...
            X