Apple have fluffed up... Apple have fluffed up...
Posts 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Contractor Among Contractors

    scooby has no reputation

    scooby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,492

    Default Apple have fluffed up...

    Upgrades to iPhone v2 has gone belly up! Those who upgraded have found that the Apple servers cannot cope (the upgrade phones home for activation).

    I've had no phone for over 2hrs now as I have to manual keep making it try again, others around the world have had no phone all day!

    there has been no message from Apple, no acknowledgement! they are aware of the issue as their support lines are maxed out. This is also affecting the new 3G versions.

    This poor planning and lack of accountability is the final straw in what has been a tulipe encounter with Apple (Purchased the 1st gen at full price, its not compatible with my head unit in car, they reduced the price 1mth later, they announced new 3G version 1 month after that, wont move it to a business account etc...). once this contract is up, I'll be off back to my blackberry which wipes it backside all over the iphone for the things i want (email and phone...).

    so come on, own up, who has killed the servers?
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

  2. #2

    Banned

    Churchill has more data than eek

    Churchill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    On the rug licking my balls.
    Posts
    25,954

    Default

    Well, that'll *******' teach you!

    Weren't you one of the evangelists singing the praises of this piece of crap?

  3. #3

    (_?_)

    HairyArsedBloke is good enough for Jehovah!

    HairyArsedBloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pining for the tropics
    Posts
    7,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    so come on, own up, who has killed the servers?

    Sorry.












    Nah, I'm 'aving a
    It was idiots like you.

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors

    scooby has no reputation

    scooby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Well, that'll flipin' teach you!

    Weren't you one of the evangelists singing the praises of this piece of crap?
    Nah, I said it had improvements to be made, and overall it was good... Never said it was amazing and you should buy etc.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

  5. #5

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is a fount of knowledge

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brexit Britain
    Posts
    34,551

    Default

    Apple.

    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

  6. #6

    Godlike

    El_Diablo has no reputation

    El_Diablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Depends
    Posts
    5,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    Upgrades to iPhone v2 has gone belly up! Those who upgraded have found that the Apple servers cannot cope (the upgrade phones home for activation).

    I've had no phone for over 2hrs now as I have to manual keep making it try again, others around the world have had no phone all day!

    there has been no message from Apple, no acknowledgement! they are aware of the issue as their support lines are maxed out. This is also affecting the new 3G versions.

    This poor planning and lack of accountability is the final straw in what has been a tulipe encounter with Apple (Purchased the 1st gen at full price, its not compatible with my head unit in car, they reduced the price 1mth later, they announced new 3G version 1 month after that, wont move it to a business account etc...). once this contract is up, I'll be off back to my blackberry which wipes it backside all over the iphone for the things i want (email and phone...).

    so come on, own up, who has killed the servers?
    Haven't got a scooby...but....


    That boy go raaaaaaa
    Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

  7. #7

    More time posting than coding

    bobsmithldn has no reputation


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Activation worked fine for me (also have the 1st gen'n)...

  8. #8

    Contractor Among Contractors

    scooby has no reputation

    scooby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,492

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bobsmithldn View Post
    Activation worked fine for me (also have the 1st gen'n)...
    Mine just connected to the server now and completing upgrade. Its only taken 4+hrs...
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •