• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

£344 - God I love being over 40!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... the whole site needs a thorough analysis for speed/performance. It may well be loading 'ok' from the client site, but the site is unusably slow. Ops need to pull their fingers out of their @rse and sort this out, doublequick.

PS - linking to Wizard.aspx has timed out at over 58s

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      It's the "First Edition" limited edition model so has the Jag engine I think. May be wrong...
      Road tax is going to be the least of your problems - 4.2 L engine is going to cost you close to £13000* a year in petrol...

* I may have made this figure up...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Road tax is going to be the least of your problems - 4.2 L engine is going to cost you close to £13000* a year...

* I may have made this figure up...
        £13K is a small amount to pay to raise his low self-esteem
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Ops need to pull their fingers out of their @rse and sort this out, doublequick.
          PS - linking to Wizard.aspx has timed out at over 58s
          I only have 2 weeks to go
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
            I only have 2 weeks to go
            What are the rates like & where's it based? I'm bored, will send an email to the webmaster offering to sort all this out for them.

Comment

They also could do with a ground-up redesign and a usability assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                I'm paying £400/year atm on mine (350z) and I would be surprised if a RR sport was any cheaper. Going up to £440 a year next year I think...
                Code:
                Date of Registration        6 Months 12 Months Band CO2 (g/km) 
                1 May 2005 – 1 Sep 2005       £115.50  £210.00    F      374 

Rates effective from April 2009

Date of Registration        6 Months 12 Months Band CO2 (g/km) 
                1 May 2005 – 1 Sep 2005       £165.00  £300.00     K     374 

Rates effective from April 2010

Date of Registration         6 Months 12 Months Band CO2 (g/km) 
                1 May 2005 – 1 Sep 2005       £250.25    £455.00   M     374
                Sorted - Surprised?

Comment

What are the rates like & where's it based? I'm bored, will send an email to the webmaster offering to sort all this out for them.
                  They're just getting rid of their contractors (thus my departure). Also it's in Peterborough.

Email the webmaster if you like (I can see him from here, he's not a happy chappy as it is)

Comment

They also could do with a ground-up redesign and a usability assessment.
                    RH in sales mode...
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      RH in sales mode...
                      I just take the money. Long ago I gave up arguing architecture, usability and performance when I'm on a plain old developer gig, working on a mature system with no design input needed from me.

I accept and agree with all the points about the site. But the carbon footprint calculator is sweeeet Not my fault it inherits their bloated master base page

And it seems Churchill got the VED calulator to work, at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X