• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parking Ticket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just don't do what I did and have a £50 fine become £200 because you forgot about it, then went on holiday, then decided to appeal, then lost.

Comment

Originally posted by IR35 Avoider View Post
      Were you being ironic?

It's difficult to tell, as I get the impression that the average British parent treats a ten-year-old in a way that was deemed appropriate for a five-year-old when I was growing up.
      Not ironic, but not nasty either.
      Tony has been quite open about his son and his disabilities. He is clearly a caring parent and has a lot of concern for his son.
      I was surprised that he had left him alone in a car park in a car with its windows open.
      There are any number of scrotes out there who would not think twice about nicking the car with a disabled lad in it. There are others who would do the child harm.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by blacjac View Post
        If your son is the disabled one, and the badge is for his benefit, and he stayed in the car, why did you park in such a way that the badge was needed?

Surely the disabled badge is there to make your son's life easier, not yours.

Just a track that any apeals board might take..............
        WHS...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          Not ironic, but not nasty either.
          Tony has been quite open about his son and his disabilities. He is clearly a caring parent and has a lot of concern for his son.
          I was surprised that he had left him alone in a car park in a car with its windows open.
          There are any number of scrotes out there who would not think twice about nicking the car with a disabled lad in it. There are others who would do the child harm.
          What happened was she went into the shop to return something and James decided he'd rather stay in the car and listen to the radio (he's 11 and a pretty big 11 at that - more like 13). She was only intending being in the shop a short while but the queue was big. As I said the windows were down as it was hot, but also pretty windy. We don't keep the badge in a book like many do, so the disabled badge is just a laminated bit of card. A gust of wind blew it from the dashboard. It could be seen on the car floor if they had bothered to look, or he could have asked the kid sat in the car, with the windows down if there was a disabled badge. The thing is, the guy will have looked into the car for to see that the badge was missing, written a ticket and all the while the big kid in the front seat was oblivious to his presence.

I'm the first person to complain about people using disabled spaces when they shouldn't, but there must be some sort of wiggle room when things like this happen. Neither of us use disabled places when unless we have James in the car AND have his badge.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Similar thing happened to us in Chester the back end of last year. We were parked in a disabled carpark, but forgot to put the badge on display - yes, entirely our fault. When we came back we had a ticket. I wrote a grovelling letter to the council with a photocopy of the disabled badge, appealing to their better nature (being close to christmas !). Had a very nice letter back from them and the fine was quashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              Its worth a shot. There is no penalty if you lose i think.
              Why do you "think" that? Because it's no skin off your nose if you're wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                Similar thing happened to us in Chester the back end of last year. We were parked in a disabled carpark, but forgot to put the badge on display - yes, entirely our fault. When we came back we had a ticket. I wrote a grovelling letter to the council with a photocopy of the disabled badge, appealing to their better nature (being close to christmas !). Had a very nice letter back from them and the fine was quashed.
                Same thing happened to me, the wind had blown the permit onto the floor as I got out of the car and I received a ticket. I contested the ticket (albeit I was expecting them to say I should have checked it was displayed before I walked away from the car...) and the ticket was cancelled.

I do think it depends on the mood of the decision maker on the day and the authorities in the area you received it. I agree, nothing ventured.... so go for it

Comment

Working...
                X