• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up now...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering if you could furnish me with a bit of information, Zeity, seeing as you are our man on the ground in the Arriva Trains Wales region of the network.

Could you tell me if they are still running bubble car DMUs out of Cardiff Queen Street?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      What's one of those then?

A picture is worth a thousand words.

And Cardiff Queen Street is a bit off my patch.

Nicknamed “bubble cars” for some unfathomable reason Class 121 single-car driving motor vehicles were built from 1960, rattling along with a top speed of 70 mph.

Last day of service was the morning of 09/05/13 121032 and it was removed from Cardiff on a low loader the same day bound for Tyseley - gawd help them !
      If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by Bellona View Post

Nicknamed “bubble cars” for some unfathomable reason Class 121 single-car driving motor vehicles were built from 1960, rattling along with a top speed of 70 mph.

Last day of service was the morning of 09/05/13 121032 and it was removed from Cardiff on a low loader the same day bound for Tyseley - gawd help them !
        Where have you been all my life?

We could have made a great pair if I'd been that way inclined.

Just imagine - both of us stood on the platform of Cardiff Queen Street savouring the characteristic rasping sound produced by a class 21 DMU as its engines pick up to a certain level of rpm....

Comment

never been mistaken for a boy or a trainspotter before
          If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

never been mistaken for a boy or a trainspotter before
            No, he knows you're not a boy, although I think he wishes you were.

He's also not real but we still indulge him anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              No, he knows you're not a boy, although I think he wishes you were.

He's also not real but we still indulge him anyway

I can't tell humans from socks ?

I need more help than I thought

Comment

I can't tell humans from socks ?

I need more help than I thought
                That's ok, neither can a lot of the posters on here.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  That's ok, neither can a lot of the posters on here.
                  Originally posted by zeitghost
                  As the old saying goes, on the interweb thingie no one can tell you're a dog.

Or a Giant Alien Lizard.
                  Or a apparently - spotted a few so far though so must be getting savvier !

I have no clue, on an anonymous forum, why anyone feels the need for multiple personalities (but i'm sure someone will pop along to enlighten me )

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost99
                    That lizard guy is a real .

He's not about is he?
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X