• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Future of contracting and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    a) start a 'proper' business
    Has there been any 'proper' business debates of late ? I used to enjoy them.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      Has there been any 'proper' business debates of late ? I used to enjoy them.
      I vote we bring back Denny. She used to initiate those quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        I vote we bring back Denny. She used to initiate those quite well.

Have we wronged you in some way OS? Is this some kind of sick retribution? I for one unreservedly apologise for whatever it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Have we wronged you in some way OS? Is this some kind of sick retribution? I for one unreservedly apologise for whatever it was.
          No denying she was entertaining...in a reality tv car crash kind of way.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            I miss Denny!
            **** off
            Seriously

Oh wait that was Lucy... I get confused between all the crazy banned 'females'

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              It's easy. Keep your salary and NI payments to a bare minimum and stick your fingers in your ears and start whistling if your hear the words IR35 or investigation. Works for me !
              And me, every now and then I find myself reading up on IR35 and all the doom and gloom comes flooding back... then I work out the risk to gain ratio and forget all about it, ignoring it is a very good value bet.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

It appears the UK in allowing single person Ltd companies is out of line with Europe and there must be pressure for the UK to conform, so the likelihood of Ltd companies working in the same manner as now is, in my opinion, not a long term option to rely on. Therefore I think it is best to make use of it whilst the going is good, after that, then oh well at least it is the same for everybody!
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                  You are labouring under a misapprehension: You prefer the puppet on the right, who is dressed in blue; you dislike the puppet on the left, who is dressed in red. In fact, there is one man operating both of them.
                  Oh, I like that...thats a good one....

Comment

Working...
                  X