• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh those Consumer Action Group Wags!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It is rather ironic.
    The whole site is infested with people who claim to know all the legal ins and outs of every situation. They seem quite happy to tell all and sundry that they should sue.
    There is indeed a certain measure of irony.

Comment

It is rather ironic.
      The whole site is infested with people who claim to know all the legal ins and outs of every situation. They seem quite happy to tell all and sundry that they should sue.
      Yeah people playing at lawyers being sued by real lawyers - not sure which group I like least.

Comment

Sounds like they need AtW to go in a sort it out!
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

It is rather ironic.
          Got to say, thats exactly what I thought. God their posters are damn quick to quote the law and write their letters. The first time someone does it to them, they tulip their pants.

Maybe, someone over there should have kept their mouth and their dictionaries shut.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

BTW "Wags" another perfectly good word hijacked - I was expecting a thread about the wives and girlfriends.

IGMC

Comment

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ainst-cag.html

Oh this really is a classic.

They Moderators(owners) of CAG have been asked to remove content and apologise for defamation of character. They have point blank refused and so subsequently are going to get sued on a point of principle!! The party sueing doesnt even want damages, they just want content removed and an apology.

The CAG owners, point blank refuse and are asking for money to defend it.

These people really do believe they are on some moral higher plane. Sorry is an easy word, but obviously not for people who belong to CAG.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I enjoyed the banking section. My current account is with smile (part of the co-op), who I've never had a bad word to say about in six years of being with them, and recommended them to plenty of people. From what I can gather on there people's chains have been rattled by:
                • a cheque going missing in the post. This, to them, is the bank's fault. Because nothing has ever got lost in the post before, has it? (Besides, you can just as easily pay it in at a post office)
                • claiming that they never received some correspondence, and the poster asking if they should use recorded post..... I thought that was fairly standard whilst dealing with companies if you're pissed off with them
                • the bank withdrawing overdraft facilities. Newsflash love - it isn't YOUR money. It's meant to be a temporary facility and if you appear to be abusing it, i.e. never paying it off then that's what's coming to you I'm afraid

Comment

Something on their site regularly crashes both my Firefox and Symbian browsers.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Something on their site regularly crashes both my Firefox and Symbian browsers.
                    Their server, or rather the vBulletin application, is currently claiming to be "Too busy".

They don't seem to be providing a 503 Service Unavailable response status as per spec, though

Mind you, it's amazing the number of sites that return a page saying "404 Not Found" with a "200 OK" status header... you'd think these people didn't know how HTTP works

Comment

Working...
                    X