• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jobserve pretty dead...Doomed??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jim2406 View Post
    to be honest, i haven't got as far as rate discussions with most agents.

i've asked a couple out of morbid curiosity and get the feeling that the 'going rate' (as far as agencies would like everyone to be concerned) for MS Dev stuff in the midlands now seems to be 200-250, i would hope its more like 250-300 in reality - the people i know in the same skillset all sit in this bracket.

my current rate is just shy of 300, for a long-ish public sector gig playing with the latest .NET stuff, based in the midlands. can't complain at all.

You really should complain as its that expectation which is keeping at that level. With <3 years experience I get offered £300 min for basic Access database work up north and wouldnt work for less than 350 in a cheap area/400 min london. My first gig when went contractinng at start of year was doing basic Excel reporting with sql for £360 in north Midlands, at renewal asked and was put up to 390.

Currently on a lot more because I held out for the right role rather than accepting 'a role'.
    Last edited by YHB; 27 October 2008, 15:22.

Comment

10 jobs listed in my area of expertise, 2 permie and 8 contract.. not great
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        Many of these agents are looking for leads and that is why more are calling IMO, as they get increasingly desperate. I had one last week that called and asked me all sorts of details about a previous company that I had worked for. They were quite blatant about about it and I was only too pleased to provide info.
        No they were all genuine jobs - and they didnt ask for references.

I have said this before I am more than happy to provide leads at a fiver a pop - so PM me for leads.

Comment

Jobserve is one of the worst job sites these days.
          I prefer CWjobs as a first point of call. Jobserve tends to be last on the list.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Jobserve is one of the worst job sites these days.
            I prefer CWjobs as a first point of call. Jobserve tends to be last on the list.
            WHS. Although I always look on Jobserve, my last few gigs/permie roles were via Jobsite, IT Job Board (what a strange set-up that is these days), and CWJobs. But, even if just as a barometer, Jobserve is important.

Comment

Working...
            X