• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Doom - "end of world as we knew it"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Indeed, why would they try something like this when they can just pay themselves huge bonuses when markets are raising and when their strategy falls apart they just screw out people who invested money and even those who did not want to get involved in this carp.

Indeed.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      Silly AtW, you could have lived in one of SASguru's former inner city hovels above a crack den in an "up and comming area". Knife/bullet proof vest included. Soon it will be 'Gentryfied' if you can stay alive that long.
      Indeed. Much better to have rented and not taken advantage of the bubble for capital gain. Indeedy.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Indeed. Much better to have rented and not taken advantage of the bubble for capital gain. Indeedy.
        I don't like screwing people out of their money, it just goes against my principles. That's why I would not take any job and that's why I did not take part in gambling that took place recently.

I have chosen to invest my hard earned money into my own business, had I bought a house I would not be able to do this investment, in fact if I had a morgage around my neck then I'd have to do contracting or permie work, this would leave me no chance to actually work on my own business, so in effect (even if I could buy house for "cheap" price in 2003 or so) it was this choice and I think I made the right one, not just from the point of view of not being involved in ripping people off, but also I think I will be able to make far more money than a few BTL property speculation would have made me, and even if I won't then I'd certainly feel well about whatever money I earn from my business knowing that I earned them. It probably does not mean much to you, but it means to me, and since I live my own life I make my own choices - frankly I am very pleased that the choices that I made are not the ones you'd do - not being like you, sas, is a big added bonus

Comment

Working...
        X