• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Russel Brand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
    I disliked Brand from the first moment he appeared on TV and yet there are a couple of times that he's revealed that there's a very keen mind behind that awful exterior. I still can't stand him though, his act is soooo deliberate and unnatural.

Woss is just awful. His interviews anywhere are untuous and fawning to tell the truth and are just excuses for him to talk - sometimes his rambling "questions" are longer than the answers they generate - and his humour is that of a mischevious schoolboy. I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has because he contributes so little to entertainment.

I have nothing but contempt for both of them that they could consider their actions even remotely funny. It does no good that they are now apologising as they should have had the sense to know that there's a line you just do not cross and I think they should both be sacked and banned from broadcasting for a long time - if not forever.
    I have never been so incensed at the actions of public figures

I hope you have written to your MP
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

When Andrew Sachs was asked to comment on whether the allegation that his granddaughter had slept with Russell Brand, he said "I know nothing".

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Why does it not surprise me that you find him funny! Acting like a cross between the Artfull Dodger and Jonny Depp's character from Pirates of the Caribean is not clever or original. He's not a talented stand-up either, just a loud mouth walking hard-on with an ever increasingly out of date gimmick who appealed to the Big Brovva massive innit.
        WHS. I hate the tulipe.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        When Andrew Sachs was asked to comment on whether the allegation that his granddaughter had slept with Russell Brand, he said "I know nothing".
        Which is still more than Brand knows.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I hope you have written to your MP

Nope, I'd have to move to Tunbridge Wells first!
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Brand is a talentless waste of skin. Ross has fallen a long long way in my estimation.

Suitable time for the stab stabbity stab stab smilie I feel.

In the meantime -
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Brand is an oxygen thief.

Good to see the yearly tv tax being put to good use.

The BBC... this is what we do...

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7694921.stm
                Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I wouldn't go and see Brand perform, but he seems quite funny when I've seen him on TV shows as a guest or on a quiz show.

Isn't causing controversy good for a comedian though?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I wouldn't go and see Brand perform, but he seems quite funny when I've seen him on TV shows as a guest or on a quiz show.

Isn't causing controversy good for a comedian though?
                    Controversy is one thing and can be entertaining if done cleverly, humiliation and causing distress is quite the opposite. That's one of the reasons that I loathe so called "reality" and "talent" shows since they exist largely to entertain by humiliation of the participants.

I've never found Russell Brand even remotely amusing and Ross has never been anything other than a support act for real talent.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                      I've never found Russell Brand even remotely amusing and Ross has never been anything other than a support act for real talent.
                      Many if not most of the good comedians/entertainers are highly intelligent (e.g. Harry Hill, the Irish Guy, Monty Python crew, etc), though Ross and Brand buck the trend and make up for this deficit in other ways, by producing a form of car crash entertainment that you can't help but watch but feel ashamed of doing so. Or at least feel ashamed that you are paying £6 million / year to Ross. For £30K/year Ross would be good entertainment. At £6m the joke is on us.

Comment

Working...
                      X