• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK : the next failed state ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50 years on, UK = Zimbabwe (Only we will have a smaller white minority and more civil unrest)

Uk will become a dumping ground for the worlds toxic wastes as we become desperate for foreign currency.

Gang-lords & warlords will control much of the country

We will become pariahs, denied emigration to other countries

Education and medical services will only be available to the few wealthy enough to afford them

Fortress Britain will become Prison Britain as foreign gunboats patrol our coasts to keep us in

Always look on the bright side of life dada dada da da da da da
    Last edited by Diver; 31 October 2008, 09:14.
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
      Chef - a very reasoned person
      Don't get me wrong, I like Chef's posts, but he's not exactly sane is he?
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Let's just consider the participants of CUK which should give a good indication of the current state.

Good contractors with skills always on a contract....

Milan - a mad man with no other knowledge but his own little SAP area- however is excellent in this - working abroad
        BlasterBates - very sound contractor with a propension for doom - working abroad
        Chef - a very reasoned person - working abroad
        Darmstad - a very serious engineer (a bit too germanised though) - working abrod
        Threaded - a genious with eccentric manners - working abroad
        Pondlife - a great intellect mind with humour - working abroad

Now let's see who else is left working in UK:

AtW - a mad russian millionaire who will spend all his life chasing squirelles and his illusionary dream of becoming a famous software writer - working in UK
        SallyAnne/CM - boozy girls who manage to stay sober only on wednesday - working in UK
        SasGuru - a failed middle manager who cannot accept his total ineptitude as a technical person who has been tricked to accept that kind of job to do the least damage while he can keep wasting all his time posting here - working in UK
        DodgyAgent - a sleazy business man who would sell all his family for a few quid in the pocket - working in UK
        BrilloPad/Diver - comedy writers who are here only to pick up some ideas for their new shows - working in UK
        DimPrawn - a wannabee millionaire whose paper fortune of luxury properties in Swindon, made in the dot com boom writing HTML pages, is falling apart - working in UK

Now which workforce would you want to run your country?
        Aren't we forgetting something:

Franco - A contractor in freezing cold switzerland who tells us how wonderful it is out there but seems to have attained the title of "Super Poster" and spends most of his sad life on this forum
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Aren't we forgetting something:

Franco - A contractor in freezing cold switzerland who tells us how wonderful it is out there but seems to have attained the title of "Super Poster" and spends most of his sad life on this forum
          Mmmmm not quite right. First I am on the warm part of Switzerland, the one where until two days ago it was sunny and 25 degrees, (oh and the most beautiful one too) and also because my posts have been achieved with consistency throughout a long period of time. Mind you I still made 90% of the posts in the UK still where not much effort was required.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Mmmmm not quite right. First I am on the warm part of Switzerland, the one where until two days ago it was sunny and 25 degrees, (oh and the most beautiful one too) and also because my posts have been achieved with consistency throughout a long period of time. Mind you I still made 90% of the posts in the UK still where not much effort was required.
            You rose to the bait, well done
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              50 years on, UK = Zimbabwe (Only we will have a smaller white minority and more civil unrest)

Uk will become a dumping ground for the worlds toxic wastes as we become desperate for foreign currency.

Gang-lords & warlords will control much of the country

We will become pariahs, denied immigration to other countries

Education and medical services will only be available to the few wealthy enough to afford them

Fortress Britain will become Prison Britain as foreign gunboats patrol our coasts to keep us in

Always look on the bright side of life dada dada da da da da da
              50 years on? I can't decide between these three futuristic scenarios for the UK next year when I get back...

a) 1984
              b) 28 Days Later
              c) Children of Men

Comment

Originally posted by Stan.goodvibes View Post
                I can't be bothered reading those. Can you give us a summary (20 words or less)?
                Dunno about those links, but I can give you a summary of the OP and his maunderings:

Can't construct a sentence. Repeats the same phrases to gain attention. Can't punctuate. Has no actual point to make.

Which is 19 words, and leaves me with one more word to summarise him:

Troll.

Comment

Bring in the Conservative government

Lobby for an act to ban Firms using cheap off shore resource and use the existing UK skills market.

Not only would it solve a lot of our current unemployment and cultural issues but it would also make my works kitchen area a more pleasant place to be at lunchtime.
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  Recruitment consultants were sent to punish us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Crusoe101 View Post
                    Bring in the Conservative government

Lobby for an act to ban Firms using cheap off shore resource and use the existing UK skills market.
                    Do you really think those go together? If Labour thought that the interests of workers were less important than the interests of business, do you really expect the Conservatives to think differently?

Comment

Working...
                    X