• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Blackadder Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
    I offered a UML book & CD-ROM recently to a forum member for free... never heard back. You are wasting your time!
    well i did reply to his car thread!
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

They are just the recordings (unless they have been re-done in recent years). Some scenes are cut from the recording, since they rely too heavily on visual gags.

I have series 3 on tape somewhere.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        Would they be suitable for an 11 year old or would they be over his head?
        I think it'd be ok, I remember reading Asimov when I was not much older than that, and if your lad has already done Hitchhiker's and Red Dwarf then I reckon he'd be fine.

Anyone else have a view on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          I think it'd be ok, I remember reading Asimov when I was not much older than that, and if your lad has already done Hitchhiker's and Red Dwarf then I reckon he'd be fine.

Anyone else have a view on this?
          I read some when I was around 13, but I only read a few, so I don't know if there is much difference in content across his pretty prolific output.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            I read some when I was around 13, but I only read a few, so I don't know if there is much difference in content across his pretty prolific output.
            I read Dune for the first time when i was about 12... not the easiest of reads
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
              Foundation is no more complex than the robot stories.

The tapes have cool sound effects and music too!

It's quite rare these days but here's one

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                how about the mighty boosh radio series?

I've got it on CD... listened to it and still haven't quite got into it... you're welcome to have it if you want it
                Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                I offered a UML book & CD-ROM recently to a forum member for free... never heard back. You are wasting your time!
                I'll take both - Cheers

I don't know if he'd get the Mighty Boosh at all but you never know. We're really struggling for audio books these days. Most books don't get transferred to Braille or CD, and the ones that end up on CD cost £20 for a book that would normally cost about £8. We've just started on that Audible website - they seem to have quite a range.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I'll take both - Cheers

I don't know if he'd get the Mighty Boosh at all but you never know. We're really struggling for audio books these days. Most books don't get transferred to Braille or CD, and the ones that end up on CD cost £20 for a book that would normally cost about £8. We've just started on that Audible website - they seem to have quite a range.
                  PM me
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

I'll take both - Cheers

There might be some "freely available" on btjunkie, but that would not be something that I condone.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

The Radio 4 Dramatisations of Pratchett's stuff are usually pretty good. Also, of course, there's the Lord Of The Rings - 13 hours of it!
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X