• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ghosts! Ever seen one?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    you guys are all talking bollux - it is just your feeble brains messing with you. It is prone to make up explanations for whatever input it gets in order to make sense of it. Hence a strange light can become explained as a white "ghost".
    Why does it have to be white?

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      you guys are all talking bollux - it is just your feeble brains messing with you. It is prone to make up explanations for whatever input it gets in order to make sense of it. Hence a strange light can become explained as a white "ghost"...
      Couldn't agree more. Our brains are constantly interpreting and editing our perception of reality, including recent events, and editing our own memories.

The phone rings, and our autonomic system responds first - then our brains work out "phone ringing". They then project the feeling of the phone ringing to the time of it ringing. Sometimes, they make a mistake, and project too far back, and we get the feeling of "knowing the phone was going to ring before it actually did".
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Never seen a ghost,
        but I did once meet a helpful Oracle DBA - Scary!!
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          Never seen a ghost,
          but I did once meet a helpful Oracle DBA - Scary!!
          Must have been Bob Dalek

Comment

My mum was telling me the other day that when her mum was in hospital her sister had woken up one morning and when she looked out of the window she saw her mum and her auntie (who had died years ago) in the garden waving at her. Later on that day she found out that her mum had died that morning.

I never used to believe any of these storys, but was pretty speachless as to come up with an explaination to this one.

I now keep an open mind!
            l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Couldn't agree more. Our brains are constantly interpreting and editing our perception of reality, including recent events, and editing our own memories.

The phone rings, and our autonomic system responds first - then our brains work out "phone ringing". They then project the feeling of the phone ringing to the time of it ringing. Sometimes, they make a mistake, and project too far back, and we get the feeling of "knowing the phone was going to ring before it actually did".

I must have missed that day, the one when everthing unknown in the world was suddenly explained.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                All right, who drank my whisky then, eh?
                Proves the existence of spirits

IGMC

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  first off, as a lad in the military I had to go for days without sleep. Some of the hallucinations I had were extraordinary, I believed them , but disbelieved them all at the same time.

Glad you mentioned that, was worried it only happened to me. I remember one morning after a 48 hour exercise and the bushes were walking towards me.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                    Glad you mentioned that, was worried it only happened to me. I remember one morning after a 48 hour exercise and the bushes were walking towards me.
                    I tulip you not.

I was looking out of my trench, on guard. This naked bird walks across the field towards me, jiggling her boobies. She stood there taunting me for an hour. When the sun came up, it was a branch off a shrub.

Ive never trusted women since

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
                      My mum was telling me the other day that when her mum was in hospital her sister had woken up one morning and when she looked out of the window she saw her mum and her auntie (who had died years ago) in the garden waving at her. Later on that day she found out that her mum had died that morning.

I never used to believe any of these storys, but was pretty speachless as to come up with an explaination to this one.

I now keep an open mind!
                      Easy. She was dreaming. She'd have thought nothing of it, if her mum had died four weeks later. Simply attaching significance to a coincidence.

The trouble with having an open mind, is that your brain might leak out.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X