• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who is the most detested?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I've never fully understood this one, I detest the people who flout the law and park in inconsiderate places more than those who try to police it.

I'm 37 and I've never had a ticket in my life, it’s not that hard to park responsibly.
    I agree, although it's the ones that hover around parking meters waiting for the second it runs out. Of course they're not on a commission.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I've never fully understood this one, I detest the people who flout the law and park in inconsiderate places more than those who try to police it.
      Whs

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
        Shouldn't this be a multiple choise poll?

.....and where's the AndyW option
        Its always the last one! So andyw is a recruitment agent! I reckon it is dodgy!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Plastic Plod, Traffic Wardens, Social Services.

Don't know too many politicians, but those I do know I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire either.

Comment

I'm 37 and I've never had a ticket in my life, it’s not that hard to park responsibly.

It's not there but 'pushy sales people' should be.
              I got towed in Manchester after parking at and paying money into a parking meter, I returned before the expired time too.
              It transpired that the Queen was visiting the city that day and they came and closed off those meters an hour later than scheduled, over a dozen cars were towed. The Traffic Wardens responsible were thoroughly rude and obnoxious and it cost a lot of time and money to get my car back.

Comment

Parking laws similar to speed cameras are one hell of a revenue generator for the government. It's practically a business for them now they've recognised the potential. It wouldn't suprise me at all if the wardens had incentivised targets to meet.

I don't 'park irresponsibly' or 'flout the law' but I thoroughly detest those wardens who hang around soon to run out meters like vultures.

I even was told once by one that I it was OK to park somewhere because the yellow line was 'broken' - he said 'go on mate you'll be fine, they can't get you for parking on there it's a broken line'

When I came back his mate was giving me a ticket, apparenly I could've taken photos (like they do) to contest it, wouldn't have parked there in the first place if his mate hadn't have told me
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Television evangelist is the hands down winner surely
                  It's pretty much the only one that you can avoid all the time.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Agents, by a distance.
                    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                      Agents, by a distance.
                      "We" got my vote
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X