• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How are IT contractors finding the job market at the moment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Awful…

I feel trapped in a tulip gig but feel the market is too bad to move on, I’ve never worked so hard for so little, I’ve never had to put up with this level of bureaucratic bulltulip, I’ve never had to deal with so many buck passers.

I wish people would stop moaning about government IT projects costing too much and never working, I miss the old gravy train days.
    we all miss the old days, when there were sod all contractors and your regular pimps called you about jobs before even advertising them, rather than you having to call them because the market is flooded atm and they have more contractors to pick and choose from.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      flooded atm

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
        I do and I did. Lets see if you are forced to eh?
        Making out that "things will get better" is just b*lltulip and you know it
        Clearly things did not get better for you after the previous recession then? I certainly know when a person is bitter and angry.

Quite frankly with the attitude and disdain from your comments on here I certainly would not want to put you in front of any of my clients and if this is your general attitude then I am not surprised you find yourself out of work.
        I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          with ex permies from citigroup of course (BT, Lehman bros, woolworths etc...)
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            with ex permies from citigroup of course (BT, Lehman bros, woolworths etc...)
            I don't have the heart to tell you to google 'atm'. Actually...

Comment

Oh my god - I've been on CUK too long!!!

When I see a thread like this I just think "my agent has started this thread to see how far I'll drop my pants on my next extension rate".

CUK paranoia!!!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

When I see a thread like this I just think "my agent has started this thread to see how far I'll drop my pants on my next extension rate".

CUK paranoia!!!
                Don't be so paranoid. You'll be fine like.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

CUK paranoia!!!

Just make sure them pants are clean!
                  I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying...

Comment

Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
                    Clearly things did not get better for you after the previous recession then? I certainly know when a person is bitter and angry.
                    You're an agent, I imagine you encounter these feelings all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                      I am considering a 3-day contract. Better than nowt and I do fancy a 4-day weekend.

Got to be better than going permie, and you'll still be earning more than them!
                      Last edited by PAH; 19 November 2008, 21:29.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X