So it was our fault all along So it was our fault all along
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Contractor Among Contractors

    PM-Junkie has no reputation

    PM-Junkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,729

    Default So it was our fault all along

    http://www.contractoruk.com/news/004082.html

    ...and not the incompetant twonks that visited the kid 60 times.

    Well, glad we got to the bottom of that one then.

  2. #2

    Super poster

    zara_backdog is good enough for Jehovah!

    zara_backdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Just south of Middle Earth
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Hum - introduced in 2005 - so it only took the users nearly 3 years to find out it did not work!
    Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

  3. #3

    Banned

    Churchill has more data than eek

    Churchill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    On the rug licking my balls.
    Posts
    25,954

    Default

    Funny, I thought it was these people who caused the death of "Baby P"

    <no names please>

    I certainly know that I wasn't involved.
    Last edited by ferret; 20th November 2008 at 13:11. Reason: names removed

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors

    ace00 is too good to be a permie

    ace00's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Out of town
    Posts
    1,874

    Default

    I was kind of agreeing with the Prof. until this qoute:

    “One assumes that Baby P's records in ICS were complete and up-to-date, but the complex sense-making that may have saved him could have been compromised as a result.”


  5. #5

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,893

    Default

    Tested by amateurs.

  6. #6

    Fingers like lightning

    Purple Dalek has no reputation

    Purple Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Anyone using IT as an excuse in all this ought to be tarred and feathered.

    If the system was crap then people will have noticed long ago, and said something.

    One real cause is that there were several whistle-blowers, and they informed the very top people, but they were forcibly shut-up.

  7. #7

    Geeklike

    Xenophon has more data than eek

    Xenophon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CUK
    Posts
    8,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Funny, I thought it was these people who caused the death of "Baby P"

    <names removed>

    I certainly know that I wasn't involved.
    WHS
    Last edited by ferret; 20th November 2008 at 13:24. Reason: names removed
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

  8. #8

    Ducklike

    Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

    Platypus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the pub
    Posts
    8,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    One real cause is that there were several whistle-blowers, and they informed the very top people, but they were forcibly shut-up.
    And I believe their professional reputation was deliberately smeared such that they had to resign (so my GF told me and she reads the Torygraph so it must be true)

  9. #9

    Godlike

    expat has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brutopia
    Posts
    8,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Platypus View Post
    And I believe their professional reputation was deliberately smeared such that they had to resign (so my GF told me and she reads the Torygraph so it must be true)
    For at least one whistleblower, they not only smeared her rep, they initiated a social services investigation into her own daughter, which could allow those she blew the whistle on to have her daughter taken away from her.

  10. #10

    Fingers like lightning

    Purple Dalek has no reputation

    Purple Dalek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    For at least one whistleblower, they not only smeared her rep, they initiated a social services investigation into her own daughter, which could allow those she blew the whistle on to have her daughter taken away from her.
    Yes, some seriously evil bastards on both sides of the desk there. Well, one lot is in jail, the other lot should at least lose their jobs, immediately.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •