• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear. Must need more community orders.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I disagree strongly.

Simple solution and proposed a long time ago by Larry Niven. Turn scumbag repeat crims into organ donors and fertiliser, cheap, effective and gives a lot back to the communities that they victimised.
    That's a really good point, but against you. Niven himself described Plateau as having a "hideous social stratification" and all his stories of the organ banks tended to elaborate on the vicious injustice of them.

I'd go only as far as necessary. But keeping this miserable monster off the streets is now proven necessary. And I suppose yes, although I do not seek revenge (for what didn't happen to me or mine, after all) or schadenfreude, one pre-requisite for his ever being allowed out again would IMHO be some understanding on his part that we will not stand for this.

The trouble with that is that we will.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

One really should not have a daily mail moment. Was he an immigrant? How much was his house worth?
      It wasn't a real Daily Mail moment. I don't know whether he was an immigrant: one picture I saw left me unable to suggest with a high degree of confidence that he wasn't (that's a bit like when the BBC say nothing of ethnicity of violent criminals but add that it is being investigated by Operation Trident.....). I don't know how much his house was worth, I suppose you'd have to ask whatever agency provided it.

Comment

Working...
      X