• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jade Goody

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had decided to keep my cynical gob shut on this matter. I thought I had done well.

Until I realised: it's Mothering Sunday.

Now I just know she isn't dead.

(She's on the same island as Princess Di; that one all the rich 'die-young' celebrities retire to.)

Comment

Thought she was a vile person, but God - think of the kids, their mother died on Mothering Sunday.
      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

I would put money on that there is someone writing a musical of her life just now.

'How do you solve a problem like Jade Goody...."

Comment

Summed up adequately on another board that I frequent....

jade Goody – A Biography (taken from the News of The World)

1. She faced court action over thousands of pounds of unpaid rent.
          2. Just hours after arriving (on Big Brother), she had flashed one of her boobs and left viewers stunned with a torrent of foul language.
          3. jade was a figure of ridicule. She was branded a “pig”, two-faced and ignorant. Rival contestants labelled her “thick” and “ugly”.
          4. Viewers switched on to watch tipsy jade strip off during a drinking game to flash her “kebab”.
          5. She thought East Anglia was called East Angular, and that it was somewhere near Tunisia. And she reckoned Rio de Janeiro was a person.
          6. jade kept trotting out the clangers . . . Mona Lisa was painted by “Pistachio”, Mother Teresa was from Germany, Portugal was “in Spain” and “Saddam Hussein was a boxer”.
          7. jade put it best herself when she confessed: “I may not be the sharpest tool in the sandwich box.”
          8. “If I hadn’t made it on Big Brother I would probably have been living in a council flat with my mum.”
          9. Lapping up the publicity, she once told a reporter she planned to dedicate a room in her house to all her front-page covers.
          10. She started dating Jack Tweed. jade had spotted him in a nightclub before, but had no idea he was six years her junior. She was smitten from the start, and the couple had sex on their first date at London’s Sanderson Hotel.
          11. Their romance was to be played out in the full glare of the public when they both went into the Celebrity Big Brother house in 2007—joined by jade’s mum Jackiey. But the programme that made jade almost broke her this time as she became embroiled in a race row with Bollywood star Shilpa Shetty. She ranted at the actress: “You’re not some princess in f*****g Neverland. I don’t give a s**t. You’re a normal housemate like everybody else. You need to come to terms with that.” She added: “Go back to the slums and find out what real life is about lady.”
          12. Later jade confessed she wanted to headbutt the Indian actress and branded her “Shilpa Poppadom”.
          13. jade’s popularity nosedived overnight and Ofcom received a staggering 45,000 complaints. Her perfume was removed from the shelves and her autobiography dropped by publishers.
          14. She then contracted cancer and turned out to be a fvcking saint.

The end
          Good riddance to the worthless slapper.
          I hope that the media frenzy and chavcentric public cobblers dies down a lot faster than it did for the other bint in the public eye who died young.

Comment

I think speaking ill of the dead is the height of ignorance, so I will keep my opinions about this person to myself and simply spare a thought for her kids. As someone else mentioned....losing your mum on mothers day of all days can only compound how they must be feeling.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Reality TV need people like Jade Goody. They revel in lampooning someone who obviously had learning difficulties and came from a deprived background. It's just like a modern day verion of the Victorian upper classes taking guided tours of Bedlam for their entertainment.
              There is no compunction to digest her story, I don't buy the tabloids, or read Heat et al, so it doesn't bother me that much.

She didn't deserve to die young, that's for sure, just because she was a prime example of celeb 'culture', As the saying goes, the public gets what the public wants.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 22 March 2009, 15:05.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

At what point is it OK to speak ill of the dead? 1 week, 3 months, 5 years? I understand many might find my views in poor taste, but as I've said before I despise this entire cult of "celebrity" and the people involved in it.

She elected to live her life and death in the public eye and actively courted press and public attention, I thought she was an obnoxious, talentless chav slapper while she was alive, her being dead doesn't alter my view one bit.

I only hope that her death adds more value than her entire existance did and encourages women to have their cervical smear tests done as if detected early enough it's treatable with a good success rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  There is no compunction to digest her story, I don't buy the tabloids, or read Heat et al, so it doesn't bother me that much.
                  That is really it for me, I do not understand when people head off into rant land when her name is mentioned. When people start shouting off "there is that bitch again on the box" it really says more about the person doing the shouting. I'm sure she has done some pretty nasty things in her life but most of us have and she was much more savvy than most people give her credit for.

Jade was a useless slapper but I think she was an OK useless slapper, there are many more people deserving of hatred, it's just a shame that the people who hate her cannot engage the brain and work out who they are.

Comment

It is indeed regrettable timing that she should die on Mothering Sunday of all days and her young sons must be beside themselves in emotional pain presently; my condolences to them.

In addition to this, however, the line must be drawn under reality TV. Ms Goody was nothing but a demonstration of the worst that our country can produce in terms of the celebrity-chasing individuals who believe that they should earn from nothing but their infamy.

To quote a well known philosopher "sod that".

Comment

I only hope that people don't judge you and your life when you're gone to all the negative posters.

RIP Jade.
                      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Working...
                      X