• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you are going to escape the collapse of the UK, I'd hurry up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat View Post

Haven't lived in Oz but have in several other places, now back in UK with gf. Once you have seen what is available, it's hard.....

PS Minestrone and I are obviously both romantics, since we are each putting the woman we love before all else.
    under_the_thumb

Just kiddin

Comment

I hope that we now reciprocate by reducing permits for Aussies and New Zealanders.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        I hope that we now reciprocate by reducing permits for Aussies and New Zealanders.
        Surely not! I'd rather have a cute aussie pulling my pint than a sour faced MIWNLTF any day!
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          MIWNLTF

*** Do Not Google and click images at work***

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

I can hear the alarm bells ringing from here!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7945401.stm

Australia has said it will cut the number of skilled foreign workers it accepts by 14% to safeguard local jobs.

Immigration Minister Chris Evans announced the cut, the first by the country in 10 years.

Mr Evans said the government did not want to admit people who would compete with Australians for limited jobs amid the global financial crisis.

Unemployment is rising in Australia, after years of economic growth fuelled largely by mining exports.

"We're going to cut (the programme) from 133,500 to 115,000, so that's about a 14% cut," Mr Evans told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

The number of foreign skilled migrants will be cut by 18,500 for the 2009/10 financial year, which starts in June, from a total number of 133,500 in 2008/09.

Professions such as nurses, doctors, engineers and information technology will be safe, as Australia still has shortages in these areas.

Last call for Australia, gates closing.
                ]]

Australian jobs for Australians? How dare they! It's Outrageous. Nazi Pigs! etc etc

Comment

Working...
                X