• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When your number is up it is up.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When your number is up it is up.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6479203.ece

Woman who missed Flight 447 is killed in car crash

An Italian woman who arrived late for the Air France plane flight that crashed in the Atlantic last week has been killed in a car accident.

Johanna Ganthaler, a pensioner from Bolzano-Bozen province, had been on holiday in Brazil with her husband Kurt and missed Air France Flight 447 after turning up late at Rio de Janeiro airport on May 31.

All 228 people aboard lost their lives after the plane crashed into the Atlantic four hours into its flight to Paris.

The ANSA news agency reported that the couple had managed to pick up a flight from Rio the following day.

It said that Ms Ganthaler died when their car veered across a road in Kufstein, Austria, and swerved into an oncoming truck. Her husband was seriously injured.

A similar thing happened to a cousin of mine, he was a cook on a train Dublin to Cork when he swapped shifts with another cook. Train crashed and the cook was killed, one year later he was asked to change shifts, train crashed and he was killed. When your time is up
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      A similar thing happened to a cousin of mine, he was a cook on a train Dublin to Cork when he swapped shifts with another cook. Train crashed and the cook was killed, one year later he was asked to change shifts, train crashed and he was killed. When your time is up

Was it the Cherryville crash?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I dont believe in your time being up at all - it's probably more likely to be psychological effects.

For example, if you are being followed by a police car, you're more likely to do something stupid.

If you are being watched while typing, you're more likely to make a mistake.

If you've just dodged death in quite a spectacular way, I reckon you'd be very superstitious and be "looking" for death. You'd be on edge, and it'd probably be more likely that you'd be in an accident. Do yous not think?

AP's example is very wierd though - the odds of that are quite extrodinary!!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
          I dont believe in your time being up at all - it's probably more likely to be psychological effects.

For example, if you are being followed by a police car, you're more likely to do something stupid.

If you are being watched while typing, you're more likely to make a mistake.

If you've just dodged death in quite a spectacular way, I reckon you'd be very superstitious and be "looking" for death. You'd be on edge, and it'd probably be more likely that you'd be in an accident. Do yous not think?

AP's example is very wierd though - the odds of that are quite extrodinary!!
          WSS

It's refreshing to see some rational though on CUK
          Originally posted by cailin maith
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Was it the Cherryville crash?
            Yes, I think so, it's a few years ago now. Two crashes, both times the buffet car were badly damaged as they were very old, and too expenses to upgrade/replace at the time.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
              Yes, I think so, it's a few years ago now. Two crashes, both times the buffet car were badly damaged as they were very old, and too expenses to upgrade/replace at the time.
              If it is the cherryville one - it was a long time ago but I remember how horrific it was!

I'm pretty superstitious and do believe that when it's your time to go, thats it.
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Final Destination

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                  Final Destination
                  Beat me to it !

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                    Final Destination
                    Final Destination II
                    Final Destination III
                    Final Destination IV
                    Final Destination V
                    Final Destination VI

Utter, unmitigated tulip.
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X