• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who is working where?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live North (Yorkshire) and am currently working 300 ish miles South so not entirely commutable .

For most of my years as a contractor I refused to work outside a commutable distance, or had field role with a home base.
    I got lucky on a 1 monther that ended up at 3 years which had 3 sites under a mile from home when my kids were small.

Comment

Umm, where's the option for English but live in Ireland, Commute to London ?

Would that be East/West instead of North/South ?

Best gig I ever had was 18 months in the south of Spain working at two locations, one in Gibraltar and one in Marbella, living in digs halfway between and not in touristville.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
        I did consider that but decided not to count them. This is CUK after all. I was trying to get a gauge on those who live or work in the UK.
        How about an 'Im from India over here on an ICT' button??
        Youd need a much longer graph though.

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Was there something about the "UK" part of "Contractor UK" that confused you when you joined?
          No- Im a contractor and from the UK. Got it??

PZZ

Comment

Live South and commute. Contracting since 1992. Most gigs lasted 2 years. Currently on best gig - since early 2002 and good till year end
            Join the No To Retro Tax Campaign Now
            "Tax evasion is easy: it involves breaking the law. By tax avoidance OECD means unacceptable avoidance ... This can be contrasted with acceptable tax planning. What is critical is transparency" - Donald Johnston, Secretary-General, OECD

Comment

Live in Winchester, commute to London. For the last two years have been staying up in town midweek but reverted to commuting so I can remember what the missus looks like.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
              X