• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is CUK different......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    ...an oppressive forum that restricts free speech and churns out extremist suicide posters that have been indoctrinated to the ways of the webmaster?
    Sounds like a description of that vintage-radio forum that Zeity got banned from.
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      You will my dear, you will..
      Is that a sneaky insult...
      are you suggesting that I plagerise my postings!!!!
      or
      that I am TWs biatch

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        but is CUK any worse than other sites?
        Worse than any other site I'm a member of, those with moderators anyway. Many technical forums I visit have a high proportion of teenagers or non-professional folk, and yet flaming is vastly worse here.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Worse than any other site I'm a member of, those with moderators anyway. Many technical forums I visit have a high proportion of teenagers or non-professional folk, and yet flaming is vastly worse here.
          My guess is that people on here have convinced themselves that by virtue of being contractors, not only are they technically brilliant, they are also successful entrepreneurs.

I'm sure that's true for some, but not all.

I think that those feelings of superiority account for so much of the name calling, especially calling people "stupid" or "moron".

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            My guess is that people on here have convinced themselves that by virtue of being contractors, not only are they technically brilliant, they are also successful entrepreneurs.

I'm sure that's true for some, but not all.

I think that those feelings of superiority account for so much of the name calling, especially calling people "stupid" or "moron".
            Don't be stupid!

Oh, I see what you're getting at now!

Comment

It's not different, it's special
              Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
                Prompted by various other threads.

I know there is a substantial amount of vitriol and spite on CUK....
                I know newbies often get flamed.....
                I know there are a lot of Trolls and Sockpuppets...

but is CUK any worse than other sites?

as an example I haven't been on Itcontractor lately but that was always Trolls, arguments and mindless plonkers raving at each other..... except there they could change thier name each posting....

I would end with "discuss" but I would only get flamed cos after all the mere fact of voicing a question implies that discussion is invited........
                You are not kidding.
                Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I think it is great.

I do not suffer fools gladly in real life and it is like a breath of fresh air to be somewhere where there are people with a similar mindset.

There is another forum that I look at because of (and only because of) its subject matter and half of the time I want to slap the other posters and tell them not to be so ******* stupid but at the first sign of any robust comments or any sarcasm several other posters will gang up on you and talk to you sternly about "not being so mean".

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
                    You are not kidding.
                    not you, you are a sockpuppet

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      I wish I'd written that...
                      No - I writ exactly what I intended to write.....

I am just surprized it took 1/2 an hour for the smilie to appear.....

Cos that is another little bug bear of mine..... people correcting every little typo......

I (sometimes) like the used for humourous effect.
                      I (sometimes) think its required to clarify exactly what being said

but I don't fink its neaded for evry typo or keyslip.....

just my view of course..... please feel free to correct my spelling mistakes if it makes you happy

Comment

Working...
                      X