• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

best shave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Gilette Fusion five days a week.

Saturday where appropriate - to the barbers for a proper close shave.

Lovely job.
    M - you shave I thought that you really looked like a Classical King of Old - Guess not.

Wilki Sword Quattro with Gilette foaming gel v. good, v. quick and v. smooth (for the ladies) but don't use a blade for too long or it does tend to peel the skin off.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Reading this with a face full of Gillette Gel (sensitive skin version) soaking in ready to be whipped off with a Mach 3.

One good thing about being benched is can grow a weeks stubble, lot easier to do that than shaving everyday, and less annoying to the skin.

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
        a man thread for once!

in the opinion of the esteemed consituents what combination of blade & soap/lather/gel etc gives the best wet shave? i'm keen to find out as my current regime has deteriorated noticeably over the past year or so and i'm getting fed up turning up on the clientco site with a face resembling an accident with a toilet roll.

any ideas, experience gratefully received. and apologies if it's been done before.
        As you are a Mod (the fact I would like to maintain my un-banned status) - and of course the fact that I am a genuinly nice bloke....

Could I refer you to the thread:
        http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-wet-dry.html?
        Suggest (very politely) that the Search button is near the top of the screen...

[Drewster puts on real Slimey Brown Noseing the Mods hat to replace the standard Slimey Ingratiating Brown Nosers Hat]
        I would have thought a Man such as yourself would be able to Dry Shave with the edge of a Jet Turbine Blade!
        [/Drewster puts on real Slimey Brown Noseing the Mods hat to replace the standard Slimey Ingratiating Brown Nosers Hat]

[Drewster puts on I think thats over done it just watch me redeem myself hat]
        Twunt
        [/Drewster puts on I think thats over done it just watch me redeem myself hat]

[Drewster thinks better of it and frantically backtracks hat]

[/Drewster thinks better of it and frantically backtracks hat]

[Drewster thinks Oh Tulip I've done it now hat]
        Errrr Bye All... It was nice knowing you all
        [/Drewster thinks Oh Tulip I've done it now hat]

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
          M - you shave I thought that you really looked like a Classical King of Old - Guess not.

Wilki Sword Quattro with Gilette foaming gel v. good, v. quick and v. smooth (for the ladies) but don't use a blade for too long or it does tend to peel the skin off.
          This is not SPARTA!

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
            a man thread for once!

in the opinion of the esteemed consituents what combination of blade & soap/lather/gel etc gives the best wet shave? i'm keen to find out as my current regime has deteriorated noticeably over the past year or so and i'm getting fed up turning up on the clientco site with a face resembling an accident with a toilet roll.

any ideas, experience gratefully received. and apologies if it's been done before.
            Just a thought, but you are talking about shaving your "chops" and not your "meat and two veg", right?

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
              As you are a Mod (the fact I would like to maintain my un-banned status) - and of course the fact that I am a genuinly nice bloke....

Could I refer you to the thread:
              http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...-wet-dry.html?
              Suggest (very politely) that the Search button is near the top of the screen...

[Drewster puts on real Slimey Brown Noseing the Mods hat to replace the standard Slimey Ingratiating Brown Nosers Hat]
              I would have thought a Man such as yourself would be able to Dry Shave with the edge of a Jet Turbine Blade!
              [/Drewster puts on real Slimey Brown Noseing the Mods hat to replace the standard Slimey Ingratiating Brown Nosers Hat]

[Drewster puts on I think thats over done it just watch me redeem myself hat]
              Twunt
              [/Drewster puts on I think thats over done it just watch me redeem myself hat]

[Drewster thinks better of it and frantically backtracks hat]

[/Drewster thinks better of it and frantically backtracks hat]

[Drewster thinks Oh Tulip I've done it now hat]
              Errrr Bye All... It was nice knowing you all
              [/Drewster thinks Oh Tulip I've done it now hat]
              FFS Get a life you irritating little twerp!
              Are you about 7 years old?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I use oil as a beard softener and lubricant and then shave using some great razors made out of recycled yogurt pots. They just seem to fit nicely in my had, much better than the gilette ones. Using oil has the nice advantage of actually being able to see where you are shaving, not where you have shaved.

http://www.nigelsecostore.com/acatal...nd-blades.html
                "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
                "See?"

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  FFS Get a life you irritating little twerp!
                  Are you about 7 years old?
                  Hello bandit No 2

Comment

Is Reggie Perrin around to provide his expert advise?
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                      Aye. Another vote here.

Not tried it on my .......
                      You can get cream for that
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...