The media strikes again The media strikes again
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Contractor Among Contractors

PM-Junkie has no reputation

Default The media strikes again

I've been working with a chap who has dealings with Rolls Royce, and apparently they are opening up 4 new factories either securing or creating 800 jobs. Googling "rolls royce expansion" shows it to indeed be true... example

Big news, one would have thought? Funnily enough it barely gets a mention in most of the UK media - and nothing at all from the BBC. Had it been the loss of 800 jobs, I suspect it would have had loads of coverage.

Funny ol' thing eh?
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by PM-Junkie View Post
    I've been working with a chap who has dealings with Rolls Royce, and apparently they are opening up 4 new factories either securing or creating 800 jobs. Googling "rolls royce expansion" shows it to indeed be true... example

Big news, one would have thought? Funnily enough it barely gets a mention in most of the UK media - and nothing at all from the BBC. Had it been the loss of 800 jobs, I suspect it would have had loads of coverage.

Funny ol' thing eh?
    Rolls-Royce is a sunny manufacturing story all round really...

The media (and the BBC in particular) aren't interested in these feel-good stories though.
    Last edited by cojak; 14th August 2009 at 11:10.

More time posting than coding

zamzummim has no reputation

Jacko your link is not showing anything !

Some things in Moderation

cojak is a fount of knowledge

Oops!

http://nuclear.energy-business-revie...t_in_uk_090728

NoScript caught me on the hop there...

Godlike

PRC1964 is good enough for Jehovah!

Last edited by PRC1964; 14th August 2009 at 11:39.

Please explain how the Chicago Tribune is part of the UK media....and as far as the BBC is concerned, I would hardly call a single sentence in a story entitled "rolls royce on target in 2009" fully reporting the story. I guarantee that had it been shedding 800 jobs, the BBC (or the reporting wing of new labour, as some people call it) would have made this the main item on it's bulletins that day.

The BBC won't be giving prominence to stories such as this just yet bacause labour needs the recovery to start nearer the election to maximise the political benefit.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

Funny ol' thing eh?
    So according to CUK on the one hand, the BBC is a Labour mouthpiece, but on the other it only writes stories about how things are going badly under them?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    So according to CUK on the one hand, the BBC is a Labour mouthpiece, but on the other it only writes stories about how things are going badly under them?
    see post #6

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is a fount of knowledge

It was on BFBS news last week with a long section about it
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Godlike

PRC1964 is good enough for Jehovah!

Please explain how the Chicago Tribune is part of the UK media....and as far as the BBC is concerned, I would hardly call a single sentence in a story entitled "rolls royce on target in 2009" fully reporting the story. I guarantee that had it been shedding 800 jobs, the BBC (or the reporting wing of new labour, as some people call it) would have made this the main item on it's bulletins that day.

The BBC won't be giving prominence to stories such as this just yet bacause labour needs the recovery to start nearer the election to maximise the political benefit.
    OK, I've removed the Chicago Tribune link. Have some more to compensate

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/busi...ing.5501717.jp

http://www.birminghampost.net/newsvi...65233-24258980

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/bu...tes.5502642.jp

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/5219758.stm