• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

invoice charges?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cv65user View Post
    i see the point now. a war between permies and contractors , and then contractors between LTDs.

so i have to deal with crap from permies and now LTDs who think they are more superior because they are trading under a name . i will move a step up then . but at least my head wont go further into my bum hole .

ginge, brian is your other parent , you was conceived by two gay guys . what else do you think i was referring to
    Oh I am so tempted....

Tell you what, I'll bite my tongue and keep it polite - read the forum Ts&Cs and learn some manners. Right now, you look like someone who is entirely self-sufficient in the arts of love.

And FWIW al the answers you've had so far have been accurate and to the point.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I was right. Fresh meat.

i see the point now. a war between permies and contractors , and then contractors between LTDs.
      Nope. You've not read it right.

On this site are permies, retired folk, contractors going through umbrellas, contractors going through LtdCos and a few other types & combinations as well as temps like you. But the nature of our working conditions do not result in flame wars.

The reason you are getting abuse is because you attract abuse. You show contempt, so you receive contempt. You are lazy, rude, naive, ignorant, lacking in social skills, a poor communicator, insensitive, hasty and probably a bit thick. Hence you do not fit in.

I can see clearly why you are not in a permanent job: with your behaviour you couldn't manage to keep one.

so i have to deal with crap from permies and now LTDs who think they are more superior because they are trading under a name . i will move a step up then . but at least my head wont go further into my bum hole .
      Your inferiority complex, whilst appropriate, does not sit well with the chip on your shoulder. Either tame the latter, and become humble and sweet, or get off your bum, do some research, sort yourself out and get some self-respect.

ginge, brian is your other parent , you was conceived by two gay guys . what else do you think i was referring to
      Are you a child doing work experience during your school holidays? Most of us have grown out of the "You're gay, you are" as a form of abuse after our first night-time emission.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

whah whah whah

I like this one, he's special. Can we keep him please?

Right, I'm off to google some your mother jokes

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Are you a child doing work experience during your school holidays? Most of us have grown out of the "You're gay, you are" as a form of abuse after our first night-time emission.
          Some of us are.

Should I complain to the mods and sue for hurt feelings?
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Hs rght u no. Ppl dnt nd prpr englsh, we shd tk tm 2 dcphr it std of hm bthr 2 typ.

Never see why people take it so badly when they're asked to type properly on a forum. This isn't a forum for 12-year olds (thought sometimes you'd struggle to tell) to talk about PS3 games. Forum etiquette here is: be a knob if you like but learn to type.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
              Should I complain to the mods and sue for hurt feelings?
              I don't think Sue will care any more than the mods will.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

why do i always get a sarcastic answer.
                Your question is phrased in a way that an employee enquires about their legal rights ("Is there a limit"). That's what's got so many people worked up. As far as this board is concerned, contractors are businesses, not employees.

Imagine the owner of a small business posting a message saying, "I think one of my suppliers is charging me too much for a service. Is this allowed?"

Short answer - they can charge whatever they have agreed with you in the small print. If they wanted to charge you treble for invoices submitted on Tuesday afternoons, that's fine (as long as it's in the T&C). Your sense of "fairness" is irrelevant.

If they've broken the T&C, demand your money back. If you've realised you dont' like the T&C, take your business elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                  Your question is phrased in a way that an employee enquires about their legal rights ("Is there a limit"). That's what's got so many people worked up. As far as this board is concerned, contractors are businesses, not employees.
                  some kind of special case. Few contractors here sound in any way like what the man on the street would call a business. He'd describe them as self-employed, and perhaps make some jealous comment about 'a tax dodge'. The whole contractor-as-a-company thing is only around due to the peculiarities of our nation's laws.

However, CUK people do tend to get pissy if in any way it's implied they're not the master of their life and career. These guys don't have bosses, they are the boss and you'd better damn well respect them!
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    some kind of special case. Few contractors here sound in any way like what the man on the street would call a business.

However, CUK people do tend to get pissy if in any way it's implied they're not the master of their life and career. These guys don't have bosses, they are the boss and you'd better damn well respect them!
                    Yeah, I'm sure that if someone found a way to avoid paying tax at all, but to do this, you had to solemnly swear that you were an employee and state it ten times a day to everyone you know, a lot of people on this board would be rehearsing their lines double quick.

Comment

Working...
                    X