• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's that rumbling in the distance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinker View Post
    Yeak, but what`s inflation REALLY, about 15%?
    inflation of what?

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      Petrol is expected to reach 1.20 pounds a litre again by the New Year thanks to New Lies tax rises and the VAT rate increase. Yet another nail in the coffin for the economy, disposable incomes and inflation.
      and Labour
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        and Labour
        That's kind of why I think there will be an election before the end of the year. That way, Labour will still be left with a few seats can snipe away when the bad news hits, blaming the Tories. If they wait til the last minute, it will really be a bloodbath.
        The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Oh please wait

I want it to be like 'Dusk till dawn'

OK suggestions for the characters :

Mandy as the Barman.

Gordon as the preacher but he gets infected in the Van.

Bliar as the Gambler but without the heroism.

The wicked witch as any of the female vampires after the lights go down.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The standard of economic debate on this forum is not what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              At least the government debts start to look manageable. Surely thats a good thing?
              The existing debts will be more manageable, yes.

The trouble is that the country needs to borrow much more over the next few years and if if finds that the rest of the world is no longer willing to lend the money then the country will be insolvent.

I suppose bits of the UK could be sold off to the Russians and the Chinese. I wonder how much you could get for the Isle of Wight?

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                I wonder how much you could get for the Isle of Wight?
                Oi, I was born there - you can't sell off my country with asking me!

Comment

The standard of economic debate always falls when AtW's not around
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Ok Ok I'm here now, what would you like to know?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
                      Oi, I was born there - you can't sell off my country with asking me!
                      you elected them - you are responsible for and will happily live with their decisions - now, please lower your trousers and bend over, the guys from IMF are about to arrive.
                      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                      X