• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alcohol Limit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the article about drinking 3 times the recommend levels for a month.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I don't have much option anymore - my body can't take it.

My limit is about 3 maybe 4 if I'm pushing it, but even then only on two maybe three days a week. Anymore than that and I'm feeling very poorly.

Years ago, that level of drinking was lunch and every day. Those days are well and truly gone.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Thanks to a traumatic episode with alcohol poisoning as a young pup - I have never been a drinker at all - nearing 50 now and you dont miss what you dont know.

Abused - it seems a pretty devastating drug.

Comment

Let me get this straight, it's 21 units per day for a man - right?

Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Let me get this straight, it's 21 units per day for a man - right?

Easy.
            You'd better get cracking then
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Easily fixed for you: have kids. Drinking loses its appeal when you're woken up at 5 every morning.

Can't drink (in excess) any more - body can't take having 4 hours interrupted sleep every night and beer.

Comment

I remember a week when I was doing one of those food / drink diary things (was thinking about losing weight). That week I did 68 units ^H^H

And that's MUCH less than loads of the regulars at my local.

Comment

I only managed 16.4 units last night, apparently. Doing 21 would be a challenge.

The Missus just asked me: "When you had dinner last night" (long after she'd gone to bed) "did you use a plate?"

"Of course."

"Where is it?"

I can't find it either.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    I only managed 16.4 units last night, apparently. Doing 21 would be a challenge.

The Missus just asked me: "When you had dinner last night" (long after she'd gone to bed) "did you use a straw?"

"Of course."

"Where is it?"

I can't find it either.
                    Fixed that
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

what a crock of sh!t

21 units per week for men!!

holy carp bavarian beer in 500ml bottles = 3 units per bottle

3 bottles per day or 3 large glasses of wine minimum
                      4 or 5 if I have a drink after work (say 2 times per week)
                      = circa 22 bottles equivalent per week = 66units per week

and that's a non-exceptional average week with no partying

hmmm
                      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                      X