• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The history of CUK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    It was much better in the olden days when this forum was nothing but green fields All the posters back then were only part time IT Contractors and worked the rest of the time as world class comedians.

Now all the new people have come and ruined it.

Milan
    I've only been on here a few years, and it was better back then too. This site just gets worse, in fact it was better on here yesterday than it is today.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I've only been on here a few years, and it was better back then too. This site just gets worse, in fact it was better on here yesterday than it is today.
      It's going to be even worse tomorrow!

Comment

I was pointed in it's direction by a very nice contractor chap at Warwick County Council.

I've never been able to guess who he is on here....

I bet he quickly regretted the day he told me about it though, saying as when I first joined I clocked up something like 1,000 posts per day
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Which is a great pity as admin seems to think that the longer you post here there better a poster you are.
          In my case that is true.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            In my case that is true.
            And so modest too
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

All the posters back then were only part time IT Contractors and worked the rest of the time as world class comedians.
              That's certainly true of me.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

It was much better in the olden days when this forum was nothing but green fields All the posters back then were only part time IT Contractors and worked the rest of the time as world class comedians.
                There's a distinct element of truth there. I used to have colleagues in stitches with a selection of the best humour from earlier versions of the board.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  There's a distinct element of truth there. I used to have colleagues in stitches with a selection of the best humour from earlier versions of the board.
                  No doubt from my posts
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

What was the URL of those old CUK boards ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
                      What was the URL of those old CUK boards ?
                      Here's one of them: http://cuk.yuku.com/directory

Comment

Working...
                      X