• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clientco sueing Bob Shawadiwadi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Nice one.

What happened to the plans to set up offices in Oxford then?
    Still on the go. See note yesterday about cold calling

Comment

Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
      Interesting I just had a call from a pimp who wants me to reduce my rate to go to the Middle East based on Bob Showadiwadi being able to do it cheaper.

Pimp: Yeah, but they can do it a lot cheaper than UK resource
      Me: I'm sure that they can, but they'll be tulip at it and the client won't get what they want at the end. Also, Bobs being sued in the Netherlands at the moment.
      Pimp: Oh.
      Me: Yeah, "oh" is right.
      I don't know what it's like nowadays but there was always a firm pecking order in the Middle East. The Europeans got better rates than the Brits, and they both got substantially better rates than the Indians. In the oil industry the septics got the best rates of all, probably because they also had the best kit for drilling and extraction.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Oh I DO hope that this is the start of the Bangalorian rot!
        One of the problems is the high ups in client Co who decided to save money by outsourcing to the much cheapness option have a vested interest to keep fiddling the figures and pretend all is well. Only a new regime at the top of client Co will ever own up to how much money has been wasted by outsourcing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          I don't know what it's like nowadays but there was always a firm pecking order in the Middle East. The Europeans got better rates than the Brits, and they both got substantially better rates than the Indians. In the oil industry the septics got the best rates of all, probably because they also had the best kit for drilling and extraction.
          Yep.

My last permie offer was as Basel II director for a bank in Saudi at about the time that the compounds were being bombed.

Comment

Yep.

My last permie offer was as Basel II director for a bank in Saudi at about the time that the compounds were being bombed.
            I was there when the bombings happened, it made a thoroughly unpleasant place into one to get out of asap and never return.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              I was there when the bombings happened, it made a thoroughly unpleasant place into one to get out of asap and never return.
              WHS

I was last there (before last year) in 1990/91 on Granby getting bombed and Scud'd.

Comment

I had this news from the LSE drop into my inbox earlier.

London Stock Exchange Group plc (‘the Group’) has today agreed to acquire MillenniumIT, a Sri Lankan-based technology services company serving the capital markets industry, for US$30 million.

Going forward, as well as serving existing and new clients, they will be the Group’s in-house software development team, gradually replacing our current suppliers and bringing intellectual property and know-how fully within the company.
                How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                  One of the problems is the high ups in client Co who decided to save money by outsourcing to the much cheapness option have a vested interest to keep fiddling the figures and pretend all is well. Only a new regime at the top of client Co will ever own up to how much money has been wasted by outsourcing.
                  Been there and even got a t-shirt. Really.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                    I had this news from the LSE drop into my inbox earlier.

Sorry just read that.

Have LSE lost their frickin' minds? Millenium Surveillance is a POS.

Comment

Working...
                    X