• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where have you stashed your cash?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
    Thinking of switching ISA's from shares to something more solid...they're so in for a crash - everyone but the lovely city boys can see the real economy is up the spout...we can't live on spiv share speculation and house prices forever...can we??

Trouble thereafter is gold looks overpriced atm...
    Why shares in for a crash? Although there has been a quick recovery which caught most with their pants down, the stockmarket even at current levels I believe is no better than it was in the mid-1990`s (taking inflation etc into account).

Remember, Gordon has saved the world.
    Even now you can still buy a lot for yer money if you pick the right shares

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
      Why shares in for a crash? Although there has been a quick recovery which caught most with their pants down, the stockmarket even at current levels I believe is no better than it was in the mid-1990`s (taking inflation etc into account).

Remember, Gordon has saved the world.
      Even now you can still buy a lot for yer money if you pick the right shares
      The economy is still [email protected]'s only governments throwing money keeping it going - once that runs out...the underlying factors are still there - banks still are under-egging their losses, unemployment going up, etc etc... In short, there's no reason for the recent bounce - other than politicians and estate agents telling us its all ok again...someone described it as putting sunglasses on a drunk and propping them up...once you let go...they fall over again...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        AlreadyPacked,

you may as well change your name to AlreadyUnPacked, cos with a strategy like this you ain't going nowhere:

'So far I have decided not to buy property until next year earliest.

Two: not to move out of sterling until it recovers.'

I fear anybody without property in the coming inflation will only live to see their cash eroded.

All the best,

Milan.
        Agree about inflation - not house prices though...

House price to income multiples are still crazy...above the early 90's crash point - and banks still can't afford to lend...house prices are going to fall a long way yet - auction prices are already dropping (which are a leading indicator).

But I am biased as I sold to rent 2 yrs ago now (and really fed up of crappy rental places!)

Comment

Originally posted by Muttley08 View Post
          The economy is still [email protected]'s only governments throwing money keeping it going - once that runs out...the underlying factors are still there - banks still are under-egging their losses, unemployment going up, etc etc... In short, there's no reason for the recent bounce - other than politicians and estate agents telling us its all ok again...someone described it as putting sunglasses on a drunk and propping them up...once you let go...they fall over again...
          I understand, but traditionally the stock market recovers well before we`re out of the tulip. I`m quite bullish on stocks, even if I think we could be due a correction. I don`t think they`ll go back near the March lows. However, I still think house prices have some way to go before the bottom is reached.

Gordon Brown texture like sun
          Lays me down with my mind he runs
          Throughout the night
          No need to fight
          Never a frown with Gordon Brown

Every time just like the last
          On his ship tied to the mast
          To distant lands
          Takes both my hands

Gordon Brown finer saviour
          Through the ages he's heading

West
          From far away
          Stays for a day

Never a frown
          With Gordon Brown
          Never a frown
          With Gordon Brown

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            What about the Papillon option? <cough>
            Anything but that option!
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
            X