Prince2 Practioner Prince2 Practioner
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 37
  1. #1

    Still gathering requirements...

    valluvan has no reputation


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default Prince2 Practioner

    Sitting for it this friday....Have gone through the manual a couple of times.

    Can anyone provide me with online resources such as flash cards etc which might help...any other suggestions/inputs welcome....

  2. #2

    Party Animal

    Zippy has more data than eek

    Zippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mr Flibble's wardrobe
    Posts
    20,670

    Default

    I'd draw a mind map (make it colourful) but you won't be allowed to take it in with you. Use colour and images to annotate the manual.

    Good luck.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

    Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

    CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

  3. #3

    Geeklike

    Xenophon has more data than eek

    Xenophon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CUK
    Posts
    8,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valluvan View Post
    Sitting for it this friday....Have gone through the manual a couple of times.

    Can anyone provide me with online resources such as flash cards etc which might help...any other suggestions/inputs welcome....
    I've had my Prince 2 Practitioner for years, but it has been significantly less useful in winning work than my ability to bulltulip.

    Get googling. There will tons of stuff out there. However, the last time I saw a "flash card" it had the letters C A T on it.



    Good luck for Friday.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

  4. #4

    Some things in Moderation

    cojak is always on top

    cojak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Look to your right...
    Posts
    20,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
    I've had my Prince 2 Practitioner for years, but it has been significantly less useful in winning work than my ability to bulltulip.

    Get googling. There will tons of stuff out there. However, the last time I saw a "flash card" it had the letters C A T on it.



    Good luck for Friday.
    My Prince 2 Practitioner certificate ran out years ago

    HTH
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

  5. #5

    Godlike

    BoredBloke 's job has never been outsourced

    BoredBloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    whereever the work is
    Posts
    7,195

    Default

    I only went as far as the foundation level because I'm not a PM. However what I found was that while it doesn't get you a job, not having a Prince2 qulaification does stop you getting one - esp govt work as the pimps won't consider you
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

    I preferred version 1!

  6. #6

    Geeklike

    Xenophon has more data than eek

    Xenophon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CUK
    Posts
    8,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cojak View Post
    My Prince 2 Practitioner certificate ran out years ago

    HTH
    Damn you!!
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

  7. #7

    Nervous Newbie

    DK-Viking has no reputation

    DK-Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valluvan View Post
    Sitting for it this friday....Have gone through the manual a couple of times.

    Can anyone provide me with online resources such as flash cards etc which might help...any other suggestions/inputs welcome....
    This may be helpful. However be aware that ILX may have introduced slight variation in the terminology, why there might be small naming discrepancies between the OGC and ILX models.

    http://www.prince2.com/downloads/pri...cess-model.pdf

  8. #8

    Prehistoric

    thunderlizard is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,826

    Default

    You lucky so&so, I couldn't get a date before last week in November!

    I assume you've already got the sample downloads here:
    http://www.apmgroup.co.uk/P2BBookingDetails.asp

    and this:
    http://www.apmg-businessbooks.com/pr...px?prodid=1067

  9. #9

    Nervous Newbie

    DK-Viking has no reputation

    DK-Viking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunderlizard View Post
    You lucky so&so, I couldn't get a date before last week in November!

    I assume you've already got the sample downloads here:
    http://www.apmgroup.co.uk/P2BBookingDetails.asp

    and this:
    http://www.apmg-businessbooks.com/pr...px?prodid=1067
    Thanks a lot, just what I was after.
    Cheers

  10. #10

    Still gathering requirements...

    valluvan has no reputation


    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Got the results last night through email and wooho...Passed the practioner.

    I am throughly chuffed with myself about utilising the october bench period to pass Prince2 Practioner through self study...


    Now to tackle the real crunch of breaking into Project management,moving away from Technical Consultancy roles....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •