• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best currency for Latvia?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    As I am going on my stag do part 2. I dont intend to take my cards out of the hotel : Riga can be quite a dodgy place.
    I dream of reaching the 80s. I am still stuck in the 70s.
    Beware of taxis.

http://www.rigalatvia.net/taxi/#Visi...0over%20charge
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Also, if you are going to a titty bar, make sure you keep a copy of initial drinks menu. Clubs in Budapest used to pull a switcheroo and charge 10x the amount you first thought of, and bring a new menu to prove it when you wanted to leave. It's cleaned up a bit now, but Riga is the Wild East all over again...
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Also, if you are going to a titty bar, make sure you keep a copy of initial drinks menu. Clubs in Budapest used to pull a switcheroo and charge 10x the amount you first thought of, and bring a new menu to prove it when you wanted to leave. It's cleaned up a bit now, but Riga is the Wild East all over again...
        Indeed. There are only 2 recommended clubs in Riga : and apparently one of those has gone downhill!

Thats why I asm only taking cash out of the hotel : only cards.

First night we have a limo trip booked......

Comment

Working...
        X