• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is Lincolnshire?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test your geography skills...

http://www.purposegames.com/game/2306

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      It's a bit like Herefordshire. Where the fook is that? Does anyone actually live there?
      SAS live and train in Herefordshire. To clarify I'm talking about the hard as nails elite fighting machines not the geeky programmer.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
        I've had a few interviews in London recently and the same question keeps coming up when they look at my home address...

"Where is Lincolnshire?"

Are all southerners oblivious to the location of the second biggest county in England?
        Is it near Scotland? It sounds like somewhere out of the Lord Of The Rings.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Is it near Scotland? It sounds like somewhere out of the Lord Of The Rings.
          Lincolnshire might not be out of The Lord of The Rings but most of the inhabitants look like they are
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Test your geography skills...

http://www.purposegames.com/game/2306
            27% in 4:56.3

Warning: when you have got one wrong a few times, one of the county's dots go pink. Do NOT do what I did and ignore that one assuming you have clicked on it - it's actually a 'hint', i.e. telling you the answer.
            Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              Solution - don't put your address on your CV - simples

If you're willing to work anywhere in the country, your address is irrelevant.
              I always say I'm from the next town to where the role is - "but please send contracts etc to my registered office address'.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                It's a bit like Herefordshire. Where the fook is that? Does anyone actually live there?
                Herefordshire is in Wales. Some people will tell you that it's in England, but they're just deluding themselves. It's really in Wales.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I've had a few interviews in London recently and the same question keeps coming up when they look at my home address...

"Where is Lincolnshire?"

Are all southerners oblivious to the location of the second biggest county in England?
                  It's one of those questions when we don't want a proper answer, like 'how are you today', or 'did you have a good journey'.

If you give a detailed answer then you'll never get the job.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I don't know where it is but they make some of the dammned finest sausages in the land

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
                      I don't know where it is but they make some of the dammned finest sausages in the land
                      Pork based products are our forte, that and tatties.

Comment

Working...
                      X