• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Responding to interview questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In response to a highly technical question: "I don't know, but I know where to look it up."

I said this in an interview the other year. One of the interviewers turned to the other and said, "Actually we should stop using that question. Nobody bothers remembering tulip like that, you just Google it."

Comment

Smile and say "I have no idea, but I find your interest in such things very heartwarming. Well done you."

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
        I wouldnt disclose how I deal with this on a board. I may be up against someone for the role who doesnt yet know how to respond and by giving clues away here, lessen my chances of success.
        That's the spirit. All for one, and one for all.

Nomadd
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
          how would you responed to a highly technical question?
          Honesty is always the best policy!

I was being quizzed on some Oracle business object which I 'fessed up that I had never heard of, and the interviewer looked pleased and said "good, 'cos we wrote it in house". Got the gig, good gig too.

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
            That's the spirit. All for one, and one for all.

Nomadd
            or from Blackadder, "All for one, and every man for himself"

Comment

Working...
            X