• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Button versus Hamilton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raikonnen's management have announced he won't be in F1 in 2010 having failed to reach a deal with McLaren. So seems certain Button will be there.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      Raikonnen's management have announced he won't be in F1 in 2010 having failed to reach a deal with McLaren. So seems certain Button will be there.
      He was apparently offered 12m EUR to drive for McLaren, but his contact with Ferrari pays 15m to sit on the sidelines. Tough choice.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
        Same happened with Damon Hill in the 90s, who was booted out by Williams after he won the WDC.
        FRank does not like to overpay. He sees the driver as only part of the package.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Button didn't even win the feeder formula into F1, but he had a better PR machine behind him.
          BBC had a pretty good on the contrast between Button & Hamilton's histories, in summary they said it was not lack of talent.

I can't find the article, BBC don't appear to provide a full listing of past articles?!
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            BBC had a pretty good on the contrast between Button & Hamilton's histories, in summary they said it was not lack of talent.

I can't find the article, BBC don't appear to provide a full listing of past articles?!
            Here it is.

Edit - wow, my 8000th non-LR post, and I waste it on something like this....
            Last edited by TheFaQQer; 18 November 2009, 10:59.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Here it is.
              Thanks. It's an interesting read, IMO.

Only time will tell of course. Looking forward to seeing it settled on the track.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Only time will tell of course. Looking forward to seeing it settled on the track.
                WHS. It may be more interesting than the drivers championship, although I don't really hold up much hope for Button. For one thing, it's Hamilton's turn to win

Comment

New rules next year - no refuelling, which means a very heavy car at the start, which mean the tyres are going to be much more highly stressed and drivers will have to manage the whole race rather than do three or four splash and dash sprints.

So which has the advantage - someone who never stresses the tyres and makes them last longer than almost everyone else if he has to, or the bruiser who takes every oppporunity to get past the guy in front?

Talking of which, Button's drive in Brazil totally blows any idea that he can't race. He was creating chances and overtaking people with zero error tolerance, knowing that one mistake loses him the title. He may not be flamboyant in the car in the same way as Hamilton or Vettel, but he is still one of the best on the grid.

And the real challenge is Massa. He can beat both the McLaren drivers given roughly similar equipment.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Button confirmed at McLaren:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8363892.stm

I had a feeling this would come today after Raikonnen's accouncement.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                      Button confirmed at McLaren:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8363892.stm

I had a feeling this would come today after Raikonnen's accouncement.
                      Great news for the British fans.
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X