• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you agree...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    I should have thought that since most subversive groups are active only within one geographic region of one country, that it is untrue that satellite comms is the right place to go snooping.

"Governments need to monitor conversations..." Little girls need a pony. Yoofs need a monkeybike. Dolly birds need new Jimmy Choos. Governments want to monitor and control. They don't need to, they choose to because they now can.

Since a 'Government' is the body of persons governing a state, it is undesirable for a 'Government' to have such powers. A state having such powers is less undesirable than a Government, but that it is a particular political party doing so is unwise.

'Subversive'. That is a broad term. The Conservative Party is attempting to subvert the current Government. It is their clearly stated aim. They have spent over ten years trying to weaken the government and they are now all out to overthrow it. CND and Amnesty International are subversive; should all their comms be being routinely monitored?

Do I agree with the statement? No, no and no. But only on ethical, technical, practical, efficaciousness and technological grounds.
    WHS ++. Have they got any openings for testers?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Another thought or question. If you total disagree, but was offered a decent paying contract to work on such a project, would you take it or stick to your principles?

I reckon most would take it, hence why you`re all worth being monitored ya dodgy gits

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        WHS ++. Have they got any openings for testers?
        SIZE="1"]Sort of, they're looking for a quality engineer.[/SIZE]
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          Sort of, they're looking for a quality engineer.
          FTFY!

Do I get the job?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            FTFY!

Do I get the job?
            Is that the one you're going for? I do hope you like paperwork...

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              L-3 are one of my clients actually. The head honcho looks and speaks a lot like Cptn. Kirk.
              I did a gig for them some years back, partly in Frankfurt and the rest in London. I had to have a meeting with the product owner and was told to be on my best behaviour and not stare, laugh or make comments. She had bigger hands than me, more stubble and a larger adams apple. Yep a transsexual and a very nice person and very good at here job, a ballbuster.

Working there was interesting as I was dressed rather businesslike (well smart for me) whereas everyone seemed to be a scruffy bugger all sitting at desks with headphones on. I had to do some work on a Windows system which wasn't my area, I was there for the software running on it. I couldn't get into the system (well I could but it meant bypassing their security) so they called the Windows 'guru' (i.e MCSE, MSCE, whatever...) who didn't have a clue until I showed him how. I could go on about what BOS it was but I won't but it was an earner and the only time an agent has taken me out for a long boozy lunch.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Yes, a good few ex BEA people there.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                  Another thought or question. If you total disagree, but was offered a decent paying contract to work on such a project, would you take it or stick to your principles?

I reckon most would take it, hence why you`re all worth being monitored ya dodgy gits
                  I turned it down earlier this year. I just couldn't square what they did with my own conscience.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    I turned it down earlier this year. I just couldn't square what they did with my own conscience.
                    That's what's going through my mind. It's a developer role.

Comment

No, I don't agree.
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X