• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best share trading account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrHelpful View Post
    Can anyone advise whether I can buy shares on the Indian stock exchange (BOM) via iii or HSBC Invest Direct...
    AFAIK you can't buy indian shares directly.
    There are indian index tracker etf listed in UK/USA e.g LNFT,MINDX.

Comment

Interactive Investor ISA normally does £1.50 commission for batch buying, currently free until June 30th (I imagine their spreads may be a little wider though).

If you really are a long term-investor like you say then batch (rather than real-time) buying shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        AFAIK you can't buy indian shares directly.
        There are indian index tracker etf listed in UK/USA e.g LNFT,MINDX.
        Is there no way I can buy shares in India... I don't fancy putting more money in the FTSE...
        Never Never Never give up

Comment

Is there no way I can buy shares in India... I don't fancy putting more money in the FTSE...
          If you wanted to trade the entire Indian stock index, try spreadbetting with IGIndex. Make sure you know what you are doing with regards to stoploss and leverage though!
          'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
          Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

LNFT and MINDX are etf which track the all stocks indian index.

These are some UK mutual funds which invest in india-
            HSBC GIF india equity fund
            Fidelity India Focus
            Jupiter India Acc
            Last edited by Andy2; 15 January 2010, 09:59.

Comment

Need an alternative to HSBC InvestDirect

Hello! Bringing this thread back from the dead because I need a new investing-via-the-web solution. HSBC InvestDirect was OK until it stopped supporting exchange traded commodities funds, and commodities is mainly what I know about. Any recommendations?

tia
              tl

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                Hello! Bringing this thread back from the dead because I need a new investing-via-the-web solution. HSBC InvestDirect was OK until it stopped supporting exchange traded commodities funds, and commodities is mainly what I know about. Any recommendations?

tia
                tl
                Iii? But they now charge 20 qtr. But that is given as dealing credit. So trade twice qtr and its effectively free.

Comment

I use YouInvest AJ Bell (formally SippDeal) £9.95 per trade and no annual charges. Platform is fine and had no issues over the last few years.

Comment

Thanks, I shall look into both of those. Probably would be trading a couple of times a quarter.

Comment

Working...
                    X