• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We'll Change Law On Killing Burglars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Not So Wise View Post
    It was a double tragedy , first the kid dying, then the stupid law that allowed the murderer to get away with it. The latter can and should be avoided
    Indeed, it's a double tragedy. It is much more preferable to me to have a few such tragedies than having many when burglars kill people in the house.

I don't have stats at hand but I'd guess in this country burglars hurt/kill more people than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Indeed, it's a double tragedy. It is much more preferable to me to have a few such tragedies than having many when burglars kill people in the house.

I don't have stats at hand but I'd guess in this country burglars hurt/kill more people than the other way around.
      C'mon ATW! It would be like open season on Jehovah's witnesses and the other god-squads that knock on peoples doors!

Oh! all right then
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

If some brain-dead burglar ever deigned to burgle your impoverished little bedsit while you were there, he wouldn't encounter much resistance: just a quivering blob of a wimpish geek, whimpering "Please don't hurt me - take all my servers", no doubt.

Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          If some brain-dead burglar ever deigned to burgle your impoverished little bedsit while you were there, he wouldn't encounter much resistance: just a quivering blob of a wimpish geek, whimpering "Please don't hurt me - take all my servers", no doubt.
          We host servers in rack in DC...

I'll go buy some flowers to put in the house tonight in case someone breaks in - will give them those and hope that would be reasonable defence.

Comment

We host servers in rack in DC...

I'll go buy some flowers to put in the house tonight in case someone breaks in - will give them those and hope that would be reasonable defence.

Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
              Flesh eating flowers

Plan C - growing triffids for self defence...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Could you change the record please sas.

The repetive insults are getting very boring.
                Beer
                is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

The receptionist at a place I worked at about ten years ago, "had a go", backed up by her daughter, at two young female hoodlums, who were giving a middle-aged woman a right beating (head in car door kind of thing) on a garage forecourt. ( Apparently the woman had "disrespected" the girls).

By the time plod arrived, receptionist was holding one of the hoodlums on the bonnet, with her right hand around the girl's throat, and her left hand slapping the girl very hard. She hadn't bothered removing her rings first.

Anyway, whole thing was caught on CCTV, the girls were prosecuted, and the receptionist was, quite rightly, feted as a heroine. There was a never a hint of her being prosecuted. Especially after the police got her to say "I was in fear of my life".

It is a total myth that you cannot defend yourself. Self-defence is a legal, ...er... defence. There are risks involved, and it is usually better to run away. The high profile cases have always been where it wasn't self defence, or the defending action was utterly over the top.

In Switzerland, however, if someone hits you in a bar, and you fight back, both of you will be charged for brawling. Self-defence is much more restricted here.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    It is a total myth that you cannot defend yourself. Self-defence is a legal, ...er... defence. There are risks involved, and it is usually better to run away.
                    Run away from your own house where you sleep whilst armed (with knifes) intruders break into?

Comment

Run away from your own house where you sleep whilst armed (with knifes) intruders break into?
                      Should you be able to shoot people that break into your car too?

Comment

Working...
                      X