• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Terrorist level raised to severe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Raised so it can be lowered again just before the election. Nothing would have happened thus showing how good the nuLieBore government are at preventing terrorism.
    WHABS

Prior to this spin-mad government, the threat level used to be a secret (or Restricted, anyway). It had to be that way for obvious reasons.

Now it is just a media management tool.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I thought it meant that the current status of all the millions on terrorists hiding under our beds, in our cupboards, and in our attics, had gone from "Slightly Narked Off" to "Severely Irritated".

The next and final stage is apparently "Critically Peeved", and that's when the real moaning and whining starts.

The intelligence services are considering introducing sweeping new powers, such as "Instant Detentions" and "Being Sent Home With A Note".

If this doesn't work, then the only final sanction is to "See the Headmaster for Bum Rubs".
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Oh my, the papers this morning are full of stories of Burka Bombers.

<doom laden music: lots of minor chords failing to resolve>

They're women who dress differently.

They're chosen by their masters because they look just like you or me.

They're trained in remote exotic locations.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
        X