• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And this is progress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Downloads VC++ 2008 Express edition.
    Installs it. "You need to register your product"
    Registers it. "Thanks, we will email you your details"
    That's odd: I just went and downloaded VC++2008 Express and installed it; when I went through the registration process, it didn't say "Thanks, we will email you your details" at all. It said:

Thank you for registering!
    Your e-mail address has been verified and a "thank you" e-mail with links to valuable registration offers and resources has been sent to your inbox.

Completing Registration of your Product
    Your registration key is: 1X5QD6N2M9MSXF

To complete registration of your software:

Step 1. Copy the 14-character registration key from above.
    Step 2. From the Help menu of Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, select "Register Product...."
    Step 3. Paste the registration key into the Product Registration dialog box and click the 'Complete Registration' button.

Could it by any chance be that you didn't actually read what it said?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      That's odd: I just went and downloaded VC++2008 Express and installed it; when I went through the registration process, it didn't say "Thanks, we will email you your details" at all. It said:

Your e-mail address has been verified and a "thank you" e-mail with links to valuable registration offers and resources has been sent to your inbox.

Step 2. From the Help menu of Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition, select "Register Product...."
      Step 3. Paste the registration key into the Product Registration dialog box and click the 'Complete Registration' button.

It was. I am an idiot.

To be honest I am just sooooooooooooooooo pissed off right now. ALL I WANT TO DO IS A FRAKIN SCREEN GRAB.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggh
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

It was. I am an idiot.

To be honest I am just sooooooooooooooooo pissed off right now. ALL I WANT TO DO IS A FRAKIN SCREEN GRAB.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggh
        Maybe IT isn't for you
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          Maybe IT isn't for you
          Oh do fark orf. How is this helping.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Story invented for sympathy.

I sympathize.

Comment

I wanted to create a little POC (proof of concept) 10 years ago I'd have knocked a POC out in 5 minutes flat with VB6 FFS

And this is progress.
              Stick with VB6.

Comment

Working...
              X