• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I need a bitchin' suit: Recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    stop posting Wilmslowesque posts, use your (albeit limited) noggin and get a life.

HTH

But if you are serious and really don't have a clue, which seems likely, then get it made at any reputable Savile Row tailor
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, your chosen persona is COCK. How's that working for you in the real world..
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

http://chicagoist.com/attachments/ch...davidbyrne.jpg
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

, should have called the band Tiny Talking Heads

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
          , should have called the band Tiny Talking Heads
          Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Yeah, yeah, yeah, your chosen persona is COCK. How's that working for you in the real world..

Its working out spiffing, old bean.

I use these guys:
            http://www.jasperlittman.co.uk/

Not quite an old Savile Row firm but very competent all the same.
            Plus they'll come and see you. You get 3 fittings and a perfect suit.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yes the problem is I am not a standard shape. 6 feet 5 with 48 inch chest and 35 inch waist. So Paul Smith is a no-go.

I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of a tailor and go through the process.

I was thinking about Crombie, I like the style and they do tailoring of made-to-measure suits.

Has anyone had any experience???
              That bit of info makes all the difference..
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You could ask this guy who his tailor is
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  That bit of info makes all the difference..
                  Ok maybe not, but it did when I went to Paul Smith HQ in Lace Market a couple of years ago and I was laughed out of the shop because I wasn't built of lolly pop sticks

Comment

HAB!!

Someone wants to know who your tailor is!
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."

Comment

Ok maybe not, but it did when I went to Paul Smith HQ in Lace Market a couple of years ago and I was laughed out of the shop because I wasn't built of lolly pop sticks

No - it really makes a difference... I wouldn't have suggested PS had you told us earlier...

Comment

Working...
                      X