• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Market picking up ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta say I'm not seeing any sign of improvement.

Not one decent perl contract on jobserve this week, and only two or three python roles, and not a squeek from any agents about the three or four contracts I've (supposedly) been put forward for.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Is 500 euros/day about right for a BA in Amsterdam?

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        It's financial year end/start soon no?
        Well, it is for myco. But I don't think I'm hiring next year either...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
          Is 500 euros/day about right for a BA in Amsterdam?
          Go for 600. Is the agent MBA/Huxley/Progressive or one that bunch?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Go for 600. Is the agent MBA/Huxley/Progressive or one that bunch?
            Cypherconsult. Based in Holland by the Tel #

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              I am getting lots of emails and calls

market is picking up folks

time to up rates

Milan.
              2 .net tape changers getting the chop in the next 2 months.
              Both have nowhere to go. Market dead.
              Nervously, they smile and politely exchange professional small talk - they size each other up - there must be a chance for one of us.
              "Which one of us will wear the crown in the beauty parade?" they both think.
              Both think that one of them should be be saved but which one?
              Both don't realsie or accept that they arn't needed anymore...by anyone....ever again.....

"Someone must want me - I'm really good - Look, I've been in continuous gigs for 5 years".

The silence is deafening.....

.....except for agent calls

Comment

Cypherconsult. Based in Holland by the Tel #
                Get them above 65 euros per hour. 67.50 would be achievable imo.

Comment

Rates are quite decent there then. Is that cos taxation is high?

Comment

Rates are quite decent there then. Is that cos taxation is high?
                    No, it's because most IT people work for consultancies whose rates include employers and employees taxes, social security contributions, insurance, training costs and directors' Mercedes costs. It's generally only the really experienced people who go freelance.

Comment

OK....I got a cold call Sunday and I did tell them it would have to be at least 500. We haven't spoken about rates since

Comment

Working...
                      X