• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brown: I will stay on even after poll defeat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Every PM is unelected by the general public. You're perhaps confusing the British parliamentary system with Dancing on Ice.
    <sigh>

Normally we can expect a general election when a PM stands down.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      It might seem fair to you, but it ain't democracy. We never voted for him to represent us as PM.
      It's still perfectly democratic - people voted in general elections and elected MPs who then form the Govt.

There are no direct elections of a PM in a British system of democracy.

The fact that Brown wasn't leading party into elections is a minor issue compared to the things he has done to this country by getting it in debt whilst being Chancellor.

Comment

Normally is an observation - like weather is good when some birds fly low or high, it does not mean it will HAVE to be or OBLIGED to be.

Comment

<sigh>

You mean like when Thatcher was ousted in 1990, or when Wilson stood down in 1976?

Comment

<sigh>

IT'S STILL FUKCING WRONG THAT THE ONE-EYED INCOMPETENT IDIOT IS PRIME FUKCING MINISTER.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Come on RC. Stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think!!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

<sigh>
                It's the choice of the people - democracy, you can't argue against that!

Comment

<sigh>

I think you'll find that it is not normal at all.

Since the second world war Anthony Eden, Harold MacMillan, Harold Wilson and Margaret Thatcher all stood down in mid-term, and on no occasion did we have a general election.

Their successors all ran to full term. As they indeed should, and as I am doing.

Comment

<sigh>

IT'S STILL FUKCING WRONG THAT THE ONE-EYED INCOMPETENT IDIOT IS PRIME FUKCING MINISTER.
                    Not unless you want a totally different political system it's not, legally nor ethically. Go live in America if you want to vote for your president. Or at least separate your complaint about the system from your complaints about the PM if you want to look credible.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot. <sigh>. Apparently that makes your argument stronger.
                    Last edited by d000hg; 16 March 2010, 00:31. Reason: <sigh>
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X