• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Staying Away: Hotel Tips

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    spareroom.co.uk is good if you are looking for renting a room in a shared house.
    Can you claim the rent from these rooms/househares as a business expense?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyMagic1908 View Post
      Can you claim the rent from these rooms/househares as a business expense?
      Yes as long as you pay for it via the business and get a receipt.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        Yes as long as you pay for it via the business and get a receipt.
        Cheers

Comment

Cheap & cheerful is the way , save every penny possible, B&B's all the way to maximise profit to enable us to spend the money saved elsewhere, something perfectly functional but with minimum cost i.e B&B with good breakfast, wifi is a bonus, somewhere not too far away from a local pub.

Comment

Originally posted by johnvic View Post
            Cheap & cheerful is the way , save every penny possible, B&B's all the way to maximise profit to enable us to spend the money saved elsewhere, something perfectly functional but with minimum cost i.e B&B with good breakfast, wifi is a bonus, somewhere not too far away from a local pub.
            A bonus!!! an essential - Shirely?
            How else would I get my fix of CUK abuse?
            Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
            Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Trouser press paninis!!!!!

They're the future!!!
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                Trouser press paninis!!!!!

They're the future!!!
                SallyAnne,

I haven't been on here for yonks, and yet the first thing I see YOU post is:

trousers + food

I should have put money on that being the case.

(I always refer to hotel trouser presses as "pizza warmers", BTW.)
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I have yet to find a hotel trouser press which actually works well enough to press my trousers. (or indeed warm up a pizza)

If anyone knows the knack of using a trouser press for 'ironing' a shirt, please let me know?!

Comment

I've successfully used spareroom 4 times now. Three times during a contract in Herts (rents £330 to £400) - lovely rooms and friendly people. I've now got a lovely old one bed cottage on a Mon-Fri basis (the landlady comes round at weekends to tidy and water plants) for £80 a week just south of Bradford (all in).....back of the net!
                    Formerly Sausage Surprise but forgot password on account that had email address from old gig

Comment

Originally posted by Wobblyheed View Post
                      I've successfully used spareroom 4 times now. Three times during a contract in Herts (rents £330 to £400) - lovely rooms and friendly people. I've now got a lovely old one bed cottage on a Mon-Fri basis (the landlady comes round at weekends to tidy and water plants) for £80 a week just south of Bradford (all in).....back of the net!
                      WWHS.

Spareroom is deffo the way to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X