• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Train Journey This Morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stillooking View Post
    somebody wearing spandex pants can be rather vulgar
    whs+1

Comment

Originally posted by stillooking View Post
      different things can be irritating to different people but hammering at a keyboard in the quiet coach is v.annoying, on the flip side somebody wearing spandex pants can be rather vulgar
      I travelled in the quiet carriage last week with two noisy 4 years old and a 1 year old who cried.

Some fella looked over me, and sort of did a cursory look at the sign.

"Do I look like I have walkman!!!' I said to him!!!

He moved.

Tosser!
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        Please do get off your high horse!! - the train was in reverse configuration & I didn't even realise I was in the quiet carriage. Once I found out that I was, I turned my Walkman off. I think people complaining about the sound of typing is well over the top though.
        Touchy touchy - BTW are there not signs on the carriage as you get on informing you that you are on a quiet carriage?
        Tip: therapy is a good thing.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I travelled in the quiet carriage last week with two noisy 4 years old and a 1 year old who cried.

Some fella looked over me, and sort of did a cursory look at the sign.

"Do I look like I have walkman!!!' I said to him!!!

He moved.

Tosser!

A few years ago David Milliband got on my train. Sitting opposite me in first class we were being annoyed by a father and son with their PSPs who obviously were too oiky to be there. He kept tutting and raising his beetle eyebrows at me. At least that's what I think he was doing.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Please do get off your high horse!! - the train was in reverse configuration & I didn't even realise I was in the quiet carriage. Once I found out that I was, I turned my Walkman off. I think people complaining about the sound of typing is well over the top though.
            Funny how you didn't mention that in your original post isn't it? Funny also that everyone else noticed that the train was back to front wasn't it?

So people sit in a carriage marked "quiet" - obnoxious toerag comes in with a walkman blaring away, then banging away on his keyboard, yet it is the people who are expecting peace and quiet in a carriage marked "quiet" that are at fault. Of course.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It's funny how people are such creatures of routine & how some people really take this to an extreme. I'm thinking of people who stand in EXACTLY the same spot on the station platform EVERY day. Well, I've started playing a little game; I get to the station about 5 minutes early and make sure I get to stand in the precise spot that one of the aforementioned people would have stood. They never say anything or do anything but the feeling of ill will towards me that they give off is almost palpable!

Comment

It's funny how people are such creatures of routine & how some people really take this to an extreme. I'm thinking of people who stand in EXACTLY the same spot on the station platform EVERY day. Well, I've started playing a little game; I get to the station about 5 minutes early and make sure I get to stand in the precise spot that one of the aforementioned people would have stood. They never say anything or do anything but the feeling of ill will towards me that they give off is almost palpable!
                Don't you get that feeling when you're on this forum?

Looks like I'm going to have to try harder...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Don't you get that feeling when you're on this forum?

Looks like I'm going to have to try harder...
                  Only where you're concerned. I personally find you absolutely beastly.

Comment

Only where you're concerned. I personally find you absolutely beastly.
                    Beastly? I was hoping for "ghastly" at the very least...

Btw, chicks love "Beastly" - it's the Heathcliffe thing

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      Beastly? I was hoping for "ghastly" at the very least...

Btw, chicks love "Beastly" - it's the Heathcliffe thing
                      Hmmmm, chicks.....

Definitely puts you in a certain demographic.

Comment

Working...
                      X