• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'elf and safety innit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    But this "should" improve ball handling and running techniques ?
    Mini and touch rugby aims to have these techniques reasonably well mastered before full on scrums come into the mix.

My tuppenceworth is that the kids don't play it enough at primary level and then when they get to secondary are lobbed into a world where they haven't had a chance to master the basics.
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Oh please, what a pile of tulipe... English rugby is in a bad enough state as it is without the grass roots not being able to play the game properly...

While they are at it, they should ban hockey sticks from hockey - how much damage can a hockey stick cause? Oh and water from swimming pools, what if the little mites drown... and concrete from running tracks.. they might scrape a knee or twist an ankle... FFS - this kind of stuff really gets on my nerves.
      Anyway, it's a report for the Scottish government. Somehow I don't see English public school tories letting something like this through the London parliament.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Mini and touch rugby aims to have these techniques reasonably well mastered before full on scrums come into the mix.

My tuppenceworth is that the kids don't play it enough at primary level and then when they get to secondary are lobbed into a world where they haven't had a chance to master the basics.
        More kids want to play football. Unfortunately.

Comment

Someone at my school broke his neck in a scrum.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Anyway, it's a report for the Scottish government. Somehow I don't see English public school tories letting something like this through the London parliament.
            Thank God for that...
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              It happens. This debate has been had before, the conclusion then was to improve coaching, not to ban scrums in school rugby.

Comment

Yep, it happens occasionally. Often, as SupremeSpod says, it's down to poor coaching. Sometimes it's due to poor refereeing. But if you don't develop the strength to scrummage at an early age then it will be extremely dangerous as an adult.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Someone at my client broke his neck by a scrum master.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Same could be said about junior football. They play 7 a-side and when they get to ~ 10 yr old they get thrown into playing on a big pitch.

We played rughby league at school and there was full on tackling from the age of 8+

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                      It happens. This debate has been had before, the conclusion then was to improve coaching, not to ban scrums in school rugby.
                      and to make sure your not playing rugby with a 6'2'' 11 Year old
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X