• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have they still not found 'im yet ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from bbc News

CCTV image of Moat was only released six days after it was recorded.

On 2 July, police received a warning from Durham prison that Moat planned to harm his ex-girlfriend.

Moat was recorded on CCTV in a Newcastle shop on Friday - the day before Miss Stobbart and Mr Brown were shot - but these images were only released as police reissued an appeal for help from the public on Thursday.

IMoat visited a friend at 2330 BST on Saturday to deliver a letter but that friend was not kept under surveillance so that when Moat returned to deliver a second letter the police were not there.

And an armed robbery at a fish and chip shop in Seaton Delaval, near Blyth, on Monday night was not formally linked to the hunt for Moat until Wednesday.

A robbery at this fish shop on Monday was connected to Moat two days later Police only released details of Moat's getaway car, a black Lexus, on Tuesday morning and they got an immediate response. Rothbury resident Isabelle Wilson noticed the car while walking her dogs and contacted the police after hearing their appeal.

That led to the search for Moat focussing on Rothbury, yet police were slow to respond to a farmer's report of smoke from what turned out to be the gunman's campsite.

Then on Tuesday night a house was broken into. Armed police responded and checked the property but did not keep watch over it afterwards and it was later broken into again.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Can they not just get 20 rednecks from the Alabama swamps and 4 bloodhounds?

That always works.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        What happened to our indigenous UK trackers who could follow a trail of ginger footprints and broken grass stems? Is this yet another sorry tale of local expertise going abroad for good? What about bloodhounds?
        Actually you're quite spot on with that comment...

In one branch of the 'law enforcement industry' the New Lie made it, if not illegal, very uncertain if it was, to do certain types of forensic work, so the guys upped sticks. There're several that work from Denmark/Sweden now that I know.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Can they not just get 20 rednecks from the Alabama swamps and 4 bloodhounds?

That always works.
          I bet your glad the government ploughed all that money into the National DNA Database hey Minestrone?

Really helped here hasn't it!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think we should all take precautions at work in case he suddenly appears.

+++STOP PRESS+++
            He is not under my desk, I just looked.

Comment

The plod are too busy ticking boxes and signing off papers to make sure that they meet the targets. The sooner these Labour inventions are ridden off the better. Half the force is doing paperwork rather than fight crime.

In my county they have built a new head quarters for the police and the maintenance is 'outsourced' to a private company. This means that even if it a basic task of refilling the bog rolls, the police have to go through ten steps. Earlier it used to a chap going across to the local shop and getting a new roll. Now it is , filling in a request form, sending for approval, request logged in database, outsourced company acknowledges request etc etc.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                The plod are too busy ticking boxes and signing off papers to make sure that they meet the targets. The sooner these Labour inventions are ridden off the better. Half the force is doing paperwork rather than fight crime.

In my county they have built a new head quarters for the police and the maintenance is 'outsourced' to a private company. This means that even if it a basic task of refilling the bog rolls, the police have to go through ten steps. Earlier it used to a chap going across to the local shop and getting a new roll. Now it is , filling in a request form, sending for approval, request logged in database, outsourced company acknowledges request etc etc.
                And they charge you £20 for the bog roll.
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

He is not under my desk, I just looked.
                  Was that just an excuse to ogle the good looking lady sitting at the desk opposite?

Pervert!

(Oh hang on, sorry, I was thinking of Wilmslow)
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Was that just an excuse to ogle the good looking lady sitting at the desk opposite?

Pervert!
                    Yes. And she is Finnish.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      And they charge you, the council tax payer, £20 for the bog roll.
                      FTFY.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X