• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The believer who does righteous deeds receives a reward in this world.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I'm curious to know if it was nicked from a bridge that was already built, or one in the process of being built.

Very odd!
    It was stuff for several bridges in the process of being built some ways from here, they're widening and extending motorways. Bridge building man was surprised they'd travelled so far.

He was ever so happy as they needed 40 'wedge plates' for one job and had only 19, yet in amongst the pile were exactly 21 pieces.

Forgot to mention there was a nice card with the wine. Girly is happiest for that.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

what about the unbelievers?

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Sister found several sacks of cannabis plants and growing equipment in their drive last month. I never get anything exciting, just fag ends usually.
        Was that her weekly delivery?
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Was that her weekly delivery?

Norah,

have your bought one of these yet....

Weber Charcoal Rotisserie - Weber Charcoal Accessories: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

once you've got that there's no turning back.

oh yeah, put the kettle on

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Norah,

have your bought one of these yet....

Weber Charcoal Rotisserie - Weber Charcoal Accessories: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

once you've got that there's no turning back.

oh yeah, put the kettle on

Milan.
            No, I'm not that much of a mug!

Go change yer tapes!
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by ads1980 View Post
              Good work! I once remember when I was younger, I was on a bus with my Gran and found a wallet containing loads of cards and around £300 in cash. We handed it in to the police and it was reclaimed by its rightful owner who was very happy! As a thank you he sent me a plant!! And, it still had the price on it of £2.99!! I still to this day ask myself who would buy an 8 year old boy a plant!?
              A mate who was a bus conductor found a briefcase left on his bus and handed it into the bus company's lost property office. It turned out to contain a large amount of money collected from one armed bandits, and the bus company wanted a 10% finder's fee.

One very unhappy collecting lady.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                No, I'm not that much of a mug!

Go change yer tapes!
                the rotisserie is the best, with the lid on you get constant temperature with the meat rotating and all the juices running through the meat round and round it goes

yum

best thing I bought this year

Milan.

Comment

the rotisserie is the best, with the lid on you get constant temperature with the meat rotating and all the juices running through the meat round and round it goes

yum

best thing I bought this year

Milan.
                  The mail order bride was last year then?

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                    The mail order bride was last year then?

he he less of it

ask yer missus about the 'AuPair' scenes from Sex and City II

Milan.

Comment

he he less of it

ask yer missus about the 'AuPair' scenes from Sex and City II

Milan.
                      Ok, just so you understand. I've been working away all week. Do you really think my topic of conversation when I get home tonight is going to include a crap film?

Comment

Working...
                      X