It's started It's started
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: It's started

  1. #1

    Super poster

    Gibbon is NOT a disguised employee

    Gibbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,403

    Default It's started

    As you read this Mrs Gibbon will be sacking a public sector worker who has been skiving on the sick for the last 2 years.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

  2. #2

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    30,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon View Post
    As you read this Mrs Gibbon will be sacking a public sector worker who has been skiving on the sick for the last 2 years.
    And so it begins................

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  3. #3

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon View Post
    As you read this Mrs Gibbon will be sacking a public sector worker who has been skiving on the sick for the last 2 years.
    Prepare for lots of stress. Mrs SG had to do that last year (and this is in an IB). It lasted months, went to tribunal and in the end the bank paid the troublemaker off to avoid any more hassle.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  4. #4

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    30,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    It lasted months, went to tribunal and in the end the bank paid the troublemaker off to avoid any more hassle.
    Yeah, if only they had agreed to your "Gardening Leave" scenario eh?

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  5. #5

    Super poster

    Gibbon is NOT a disguised employee

    Gibbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Prepare for lots of stress. Mrs SG had to do that last year (and this is in an IB). It lasted months, went to tribunal and in the end the bank paid the troublemaker off to avoid any more hassle.
    Yeah I know, but today is the end of the line as 3 different Occ Hlth have said she can return to work. She's trying to get earlt retd on ill-health. But Mrs Gibbon is a stickler for dotting i's, crossing t's and following the correct procedures. Today is thankfully a formality.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

  6. #6

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    36,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Yeah, if only they had agreed to your "Gardening Leave" scenario eh?


    Tell you what - some days I'm sorely tempted to take that option.
    Employment law is so biased towards the feckless and lazy that if one was so inclined and had the brass balls to brazen it out, one could easily manufacture a grievance and walk away with thousands of pounds.
    I don't have it in me though - my rather upright parents brought me up with a sense of right and wrong that is totally unsuited to the modern world.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  7. #7

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    30,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    my rather upright parents brought me up with a sense of right and wrong that is totally unsuited to the modern world.
    They were real sticklers for detail. They even threw in a matching intellect.

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  8. #8

    Party Animal

    Zippy has more data than eek

    Zippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mr Flibble's wardrobe
    Posts
    20,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    And so it begins................

    It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind ... the year the Great War came upon us all
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

    Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

    CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

  9. #9

    More fingers than teeth

    TimberWolf is too good to be a permie

    TimberWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    It was the dawn of the Third Age of Mankind ... the year the Great War came upon us all
    I'm a friend of Sarah Connor. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?

  10. #10

    Party Animal

    Zippy has more data than eek

    Zippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mr Flibble's wardrobe
    Posts
    20,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I'm a friend of Sarah Connor. I was told she was here. Could I see her please?
    If yer name's not on the list you ain't docking. Oh - and no trainers.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

    Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

    CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •